LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

New tank need help stalking

Home Forums My Aquarium New tank need help stalking

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  dave56 6 years ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Barb Man
    Participant

my aunt has a new tank about 78 gallons and she wants to know what she can put in it, currently there is a blue cichlid i think it is some sort of peacock but that is most likely going to be gone in the near future i will try and get a picture of it. It is already setup but now it is time for some fish i was thinking some puntius denisonii, silver hatchetfish and a small colony of otosinclus any other ideas and by the way i havent had the time to check if these are compatible but i know she will have to put some real plants in soon.

Thanks from across the pond. Barb man

Eyrie
    Participant

Starting point would be to check whether she lives in a hard or soft water area, and then whether you aunt would prefer a few feature fish or a number of smaller fish in groups. 

The fish you suggest prefer softwater and the P. denisonii need a strong current which the other two species won’t mind.  However Otocinclus spp. can be delicate and are best added to a mature tank with some algae present so that they can graze on the biofilm. 

dave56
    Participant

In one of my tanks I have Denisonii, Congo Tetras, Rummynose Tetras, several species of loaches, and Cories. It is a very active peaceful tank. Might try some of these fish if you like them!!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.