LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

New Tank

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  laney 8 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

laney
    Participant

yip yip yipee /smile.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:)” border=”0″ alt=”smile.gif” /> /biggrin.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:D” border=”0″ alt=”biggrin.gif” /> /rolleyes.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:rolleyes:” border=”0″ alt=”rolleyes.gif” />

Bluedave
    Participant

Do you want plants from specific areas that go together or just plants that look good together with similar water parameters?

In a big tank you want big plants – how about some crinum thianum, Ech. Bleheri, ech Cordifolius a big anubias barteri with some ech tennelus in the foreground. Sagitaria subulata or ech. quadricostatus in the mid ground. Maybe a couple of focal points – Crinum calamistratum and/or Ech. Rubin ( a single ech. rubin set apart from other big plants looks ace in big aqauriums).

Loads of crypts as well that would look good. I find that large clumps of only three or four type of plant with a focal plant (or two) and some bog wood works better than small clumps of loads of different types of plant.

oh and what fish are you putting in there – may make a differnece to plant choice.

laney
    Participant

QUOTE (Bluedave @ Nov 20 2009, 02:31 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Do you want plants from specific areas that go together or just plants that look good together with similar water parameters?

In a big tank you want big plants – how about some crinum thianum, Ech. Bleheri, ech Cordifolius a big anubias barteri with some ech tennelus in the foreground. Sagitaria subulata or ech. quadricostatus in the mid ground. Maybe a couple of focal points – Crinum calamistratum and/or Ech. Rubin ( a single ech. rubin set apart from other big plants looks ace in big aqauriums).

Loads of crypts as well that would look good. I find that large clumps of only three or four type of plant with a focal plant (or two) and some bog wood works better than small clumps of loads of different types of plant.

oh and what fish are you putting in there – may make a differnece to plant choice.

Eh????????That all sounds good but i havent a clue to what type of plant you are refering to i will have to look up each one individual unless you can tell me where to find pictures and names together.

The tank has a slate rock area shaped into a semi circle hide out place,centre is marble and the other side is i think called sand rock. Dont want bogwood.

The fish is a mix of everything really community tank, nothing specific,tetras,barbs,sharks,cats but will need to add more when its ready.

Bluedave
    Participant

Tropica website – load of info!

http://www.tropica.com/default.asp

Species list on the right hand side – click on a plant and it tells you all you ned to know!

Have you got a pic, the tank sounds great.

laney
    Participant

thanks for that i wll check them out and decide what i want to put in.
    yes i will post photos when its settled down and planted up.
    watch this space
    thanks again

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.