LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

New Virus

Home Forums The Lounge New Virus

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Matt 9 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Mark Duffill
    Participant

PLEASE FORWARD THIS WARNING AMONG FRIENDS, FAMILY AND CONTACTS!
    You should be alert during the next few days. Do not open any message with an attachment entitled ‘POSTCARD FROM HALLMARK,’ regardless of who sent it to you. It is a virus which opens A POSTCARD IMAGE, which ‘burns’ the whole hard disc C of your computer. This virus will be received from someone who has your e-mail address in his/her contact list.

If you receive a mail called’ POSTCARD,’ even though sent to you by a friend, do not open it!
    This is the worst virus announced by CNN. It has been classified by Microsoft as the most destructive virus ever. This virus was discovered by McAfee yesterday, and there is no repair yet for this kind of virus. This virus simply destroys the Zero Sector of the Hard Disc, where the vital information is kept.
    COPY THIS E-MAIL, AND SEND IT TO YOUR FRIENDS.

Matt
    Keymaster

Gulp….thanks Mark!

Malti
    Participant

ouch

dunc
    Keymaster

That’s a hoax

dunc
    Keymaster

Mark Duffill
    Participant

Cheers Dunc, better safe than sorry

dunc
    Keymaster

I did six or seven years local PC support.. going round the estate, fixing PCs. Encountered a lot of virii.

I’ve yet to see a single one of those mass e-mails which isn’t a hoax. They get sent round, scare the shit out of people and generally do nothing but cause hassle.

It’s the same as these e-mails where people say “Microsoft are making everyone pay for MSN Messnger! Quick, switch to Yahoo!”. It isn’t true /smile.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:)” border=”0″ alt=”smile.gif” /> They’re 99% hoax.

If you’re worried about virii, here’s the hard and fast rule: Don’t click attachments in e-mails unless it’s JPG/GIF format [don’t click BMPs.. they’re suspect usually..] or unless you have pre-organised for an attachment to be sent. If you receive an XLS/DOC file off a work colleague.. just mail them back first – “did you just send me a .DOC file?”. If the answer is yes, no prob

Matt
    Keymaster

Thank you C3P0.

Author
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.