LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Nimbochromis venustus

Home Forums Fresh and Brackish Water Fishes Nimbochromis venustus

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  donovan 6 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

donovan
    Participant

A friend of mine is stocking a new tank and was wondering if the bluegill sunfish he is moving into the new one are compatible with be compatible with venustus
    Thanks

Rüdiger
    Participant

Hi donovan.
    Which venustus are you talking about?
    Notrophis venustus or Nimbochromis venustus or is there another venustus that I don’t know about?
    Regards
    R.

donovan
    Participant

nimbochromis, sorry for being a bit vague i was unaware that there was more than one venustus.

Rüdiger
    Participant

Hi donovan.
    Lepomis macrochirus seems to be one of the most abundant fish in the U.S. of A. therewith showing a certain adaptability to different water conditions. Eventhough Nimbochromis venustus is exclusively piscivore the bluegill should be large enough to hold it’s own if adult specimen are introduced. My concern would be temperature since according to the literarure at my disposal, Lepomis m. is most comfortable at around 22* C. Suggested temps for Nimbocromis range between 24 and 28* C depending on the source. The question here would be if the Nimbochromis can deal better with temps a bit lower or the Lepomis with temps a bit higher. I don’t have my own experiences with these particular species but if I had to, I’d always try the latter.
    Regards
    R.

Matt
    Keymaster

Have adjusted the thread title accordingly.:smile:

donovan
    Participant

Thanks for the info I will check to see if they can match temperatures.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.