LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Olyra astrifera sp. nov. and designation of neotype for O. longicaudata

Home Forums Ichthyology Olyra astrifera sp. nov. and designation of neotype for O. longicaudata

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Amazonas 4 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Matt
    Keymaster

International Journal of Zoology and Research (IJZR) – open access

Abstract

Olyra astrifera, a new species of Olyrid catfish is described from the Manimalai River of south Kerala in southern Western Ghats. It can be distinguished from its congeners (except O. horae) by its adipose fin confluent of with caudal base, pectoral fins with weak serrations and strong dentitions, a greater length of the adipose fin base, a shorter distance of dorsal fin origin to origin of adipose fin and pores of the lateral line canal. It is further distinguished from O. horae by the number of anal fin rays (15 vs. 21) and the upper lobe of the caudal fin greater than one half longer than lower lobe (vs. slightly longer than lower). A neotype of Olyra longicaudata McClelland 1842 is designated from specimens collected from north-eastern India. Presence of Olyra astrifera from peninsular India is a record of the representation of the subfamily Olyrinae.

Amazonas
    Participant

I  wonder why they do not include a discussion about Olyra collettii.

Stefan

Matt, do you have this one? 

Amazonas
    Participant

it is free …. for download…. just click on the link.

Well, I am pretty disappointed. The only posts are appearing here are ”can I have a copy, pdf &c…’. There is no discussion about the subject at all… Bye!

Stefan

Ha ha ha I see on the PC now – was looking at the small screen of my phone earlier and missed that. :)

Matt
    Keymaster

@amazonas said:
    Well, I am pretty disappointed. The only posts are appearing here are ”can I have a copy, pdf &c…’. There is no discussion about the subject at all… Bye!

I am pretty disappointed too, in that the vast majority of your posts are of a negative, somewhat aggressive nature. Perhaps no-one that has seen this thread knows enough about the genus to comment? That is certainly true in my case.

While it would indeed be great to have more discussion in this forum it’s important to remember we’re not a community of scientists, and at any rate non-constructive criticism such as this will only have the opposite effect to furthering interest.

Amazonas
    Participant

I apologize. Sorry.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.