LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

On The Move

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  thelizzious 8 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

thelizzious

Hello every one. My moving-plans have “materialised”. So I need suggestions on how to move with two running tanks. It’s just a small move, inside the same building, but with all the water and so…. I just don’t wanna risk the health of my fish. So if you have experienced this or heard something about it, or just have the knowledge, let me please hear all of your thoughts.

Bluedave
    Participant

Lot’s of buckets.

Empty everything into the buckets, move the tanks, move the buckets, refill tank.

Thats what I have done in the past.

stingrays4

Hi having move numerous tanks myself i know how hard it is – but basically good organisation is the answer – so are you sitting comfortably /smile.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:)” border=”0″ alt=”smile.gif” /> . Now syphon off the last off the water and clean the gravel as much as pos – this water is going to waste.Now remove the heater,internal filters etc.Then remove some off the substrate – preferably all of it{glass tanks are not designed to be moved with anything inside}.
    Now move the empty tank to its new location,replace the gravel,put in filters,heaters etc but do not turn on!!carefully put some of the saved tank water in – to a depth of several inches,now replace the interior decor,now top up with remaining ‘saved’ water and if need be use some fresh dechlorinated water – this needs to be high enough so that all the filters heaters can be turned on safely. Have another cup of tea whilst observing the tank to see if its set up ok.Now re – aclimatise the fish as usual. now top the tank up with fresh dechlorinated water.Place the lid back on and let everything settle – do not feed and if pos just check the water paremters.Feed lightly for a few days and just keep an eye on them /thumbs_up.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:thumbsup:” border=”0″ alt=”thumbs_up.gif” />

thelizzious

Thank you so very much.

thelizzious

Moving went very well, no casualties, my F5, 4 corys and 1 pleco have adapted very well. I gave away my 60 l. tank with the tropic fish and am now focussing on keeping the 120 l. tank healthy and happy. Thanks for the advice!

geoffkemp
    Participant

I know a bit late now, but I taped my tank to a wooden board, with duck tape, really to stop it “flexing” as it was bwing carried.

thelizzious

Better late then never huh?

Author
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.