LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Orange Chromide Cichlids

Home Forums Fresh and Brackish Water Fishes Orange Chromide Cichlids

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  sharkdude 6 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

sharkdude

I’m looking at getting some Orange chromides in the near future. I was wondering if anyone has had experience with them and what it was. I am also wondering if my info is correct in saying that the salinity should be at 1.009.

Matt
    Keymaster

Think they can tolerate pure fresh to reasonably brackish water so the precise salinity is unlikely to be important. Maybe ask how they’re being maintained at the shop and go from there?

sharkdude

QUOTE (Matt @ Aug 30 2011, 05:35 AM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Think they can tolerate pure fresh to reasonably brackish water so the precise salinity is unlikely to be important. Maybe ask how they’re being maintained at the shop and go from there?

Okay. I’m actually ordering them online but I can call the place and ask them.

Colin
    Participant

yeah, just match what the shop is keeping them in and gradually the salinity will come down over time… watch the pH too as any I have had were near 8 to start with

sharkdude

QUOTE (Colin @ Aug 30 2011, 10:35 AM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    yeah, just match what the shop is keeping them in and gradually the salinity will come down over time… watch the pH too as any I have had were near 8 to start with

okay cool. My ph is 7.8 in my other tanks that don’t have driftwood or aragonite in them.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.