LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Orange Dwarf Shrimp

Home Forums Invertebrates & Other Critters Orange Dwarf Shrimp

This topic contains 36 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  geordie John 9 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)
  • Author

geordie John
    Participant

Now then Richy,
    Shrimp are the new hoodies on the steet so I’d be putting my bristles in a seperate tank LoL .
    I flipped the Cherry straight into a Cherry tank , hope your Orange are as proliferate as the greens (and the Cherries ).
    All ther best bud,
    G.J.

keith565
    Participant

i’ve got no berried up at the mo, but they are all doing very well. i’m still not sure what species they are so i’m waiting to see what happens when i do get a berried female.
    i picked up some neocaridina palmata today from maidenhead aquatics near York (going to a show).
    they are a superb looking shrimp and a few are berried.i’ll start a new thread when i get some pic.
    glad you moved the cherries John as i have a feeling the orange are just another colour form of he cherry.

boyneburn
    Participant

Are these anything like yours.

http://www.1a-wirbellose.de/garnelen_zwerg…der.php?pic=230

Richy
    Participant

QUOTE (geordie John @ Aug 10 2008, 10:15 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Now then Richy,
    Shrimp are the new hoodies on the steet so I’d be putting my bristles in a seperate tank LoL .
    I flipped the Cherry straight into a Cherry tank , hope your Orange are as proliferate as the greens (and the Cherries ).
    All ther best bud,
    G.J.

This tank was origionally setup for the BN’s but when it went pear shaped I got the yellow shrimps instead and a couple of weeks later the Bn’s delivered grrrrrr /sad.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:(” border=”0″ alt=”sad.gif” /> I think if I can get the extra info i’m looking for, for bamboo shrimps then they’ll have higher priority than these for now /wink.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”;)” border=”0″ alt=”wink.gif” /> They are the same species as red cherries I think so should be the same for breeding in theory

Richy
    Participant

QUOTE (keith565 @ Aug 10 2008, 10:47 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    i’ve got no berried up at the mo, but they are all doing very well. i’m still not sure what species they are so i’m waiting to see what happens when i do get a berried female.
    i picked up some neocaridina palmata today from maidenhead aquatics near York (going to a show).
    they are a superb looking shrimp and a few are berried.i’ll start a new thread when i get some pic.
    glad you moved the cherries John as i have a feeling the orange are just another colour form of he cherry.

I’m still unsure myself but i’m a relitive noob to alot of shrimps from the norm of bee’s, cherry’s, crystal reds/blacks, amano’s etc Some of them could of been interbred somewhere along the line even before the wholsalers got them or shop? Wholesaler sold them as dwarf orange shimp but I think otherwise, they’re not like Matt’s photo.

Boyneburn, yes they look very similar but still unsure right now

keith565
    Participant

QUOTE (boyneburn @ Aug 11 2008, 01:20 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Are these anything like yours.

http://www.1a-wirbellose.de/garnelen_zwerg…der.php?pic=230

that certanly looks like them.
    i’ve been looking at this site for a while now, so i’m thinking of placing an order when i come back off my holidays.

Richy
    Participant

setting a tank up to move these shrimps to their own. I was going to use white sand then realised I’d struggle to see any babies. Decided to use normal sand but what you do, use normal sand or leave it bare bottom??
    The water and filter is ready to go in anytime within next 48 hours as i’m due a waterchange on the tank the filter has been maturing on.
    BB or normal sand?

Matt
    Keymaster

I honestly don’t think it’ll make a lot of difference provided there’s plenty of food available mate.

Bluedave
    Participant

black gravel – all the better to see them

Richy
    Participant

putting it on hold for a few days, done water change tonight, got carried away and squished my ext filter media in the water for the tank /mad.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:mad:” border=”0″ alt=”mad.gif” />
    It will house yellows and red crystals /biggrin.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:D” border=”0″ alt=”biggrin.gif” />
    going with the natural sand btw

Richy
    Participant

as these shrimps have been developing I’ve noticed 1 of them looks totally different, more like a Neocaridina sp. orange shrimp max size 3cm. I’ll pop some pics on tomorrow night to show the difference between them. It’s more of a peachy orange than a definate bright orange. I’m not sure if it’s came from the 1st or 2nd batch I bought. If it is what I think it is then I think I best move it out so I don’t mix the 2 types in breeding if it’s possible, pressumably so.

Matt
    Keymaster

Ahem…and the pics?

Richy
    Participant

haven’t got em yet, was too elusive to get a good pic then been busy last 2 days , water changes and moving some fish about and out, making room for more /biggrin.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:D” border=”0″ alt=”biggrin.gif” />
    I’ll try before the weekend is out

geordie John
    Participant

QUOTE (Richy @ Aug 29 2008, 10:59 AM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    haven’t got em yet, was too elusive to get a good pic then been busy last 2 days , water changes and moving some fish about and out, making room for more /biggrin.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:D” border=”0″ alt=”biggrin.gif” />
    I’ll try before the weekend is out

Richy
    Participant

Hi mate, as I said, they tiny, smaller than a pin head but I can still see alot of them scooting about. Pointless even trying to photograpgh them as the camera wont pic them up /wink.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”;)” border=”0″ alt=”wink.gif” />
    Have the webcam ready to try and get a snapshot of the peachy/orange shrimp if it comes near aswell /laugh.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:lol:” border=”0″ alt=”laugh.gif” />

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.