LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Orange Dwarf Shrimp

Home Forums Invertebrates & Other Critters Orange Dwarf Shrimp

This topic contains 36 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  geordie John 9 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Author

Richy
    Participant

couple of pics to stop you moaning lol

Here’s a couple of the “orange/peach” shrimp

Sorry about the quality but they were captured on a webcam.
    I dunno what to make of them dry.gif

Matt
    Keymaster

Both of those are different to any I’ve seen before Richy. The commercial breeders are doubtless producing new forms now. That one I posted earlier in the thread is supposed to be a yellow form of Neocaridina heteropoda. Maybe these are line-bred jobbies of the same?

geordie John
    Participant

QUOTE (Matt @ Sep 2 2008, 12:54 AM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Both of those are different to any I’ve seen before Richy. The commercial breeders are doubtless producing new forms now. That one I posted earlier in the thread is supposed to be a yellow form of Neocaridina heteropoda. Maybe these are line-bred jobbies of the same?

Hi Richy,
    Any news on the shrimp !!!
    All the best,
    G.John

Richy
    Participant

well I thought I had baby shrimp scooting about but I’m under the conclusion they were just copepods /smile.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:)” border=”0″ alt=”smile.gif” />
    Had a chat with Doug today and he’s had a disaster with his b/w crystals /laugh.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:lol:” border=”0″ alt=”laugh.gif” />

geordie John
    Participant

QUOTE (Richy @ Sep 4 2008, 08:31 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    well I thought I had baby shrimp scooting about but I’m under the conclusion they were just copepods /smile.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:)” border=”0″ alt=”smile.gif” />
    Had a chat with Doug today and he’s had a disaster with his b/w crystals /laugh.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:lol:” border=”0″ alt=”laugh.gif” />

Blue N.h. !! ooow,
    Think I’ll pop up LoL . I heard these revert back to wild N. h.’s after breeding or diet change …who cares though LoL.
    All the best,
    G.John
    P.s. Females in berry do become a bit elusive .

Richy
    Participant

hold your male member in your pants mate, they havent even arrived yet but Doug said, they sold anyway if they turn up. I’m thinking of some myself so I may have to restrict him n Keith /cool.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”B)” border=”0″ alt=”cool.gif” />
    Yeah, fems apparently molt n then give off pheremones to attract the males to mate. I’m waiting for the activity

geordie John
    Participant

Hi Richy ,
    A couple of folk I’ve shown the shrimp to think their C. propinqua and theres a couple of youtube videos showing C. p. which look the same

Author
Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.