LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Otocinclus in 10’000 lt

Home Forums My Aquarium Otocinclus in 10’000 lt

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Matt 5 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

torso
    Participant

Hi all

ever seen 750 otocinclus sp (hoppei …) in a 10’000 lt tank? A friend has the chance to realise this project.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOK5stRPq1E

I’ve never seen this natural behaviour or heard about it.

Enjoy it

Cheers Charles

plesner
    Participant

My reaction can be summed up in just one word: WOW

Rüdiger
    Participant

Absolutely mindblowing setup!
    Otocinclus a schooling species, never heard of it. My small groups definetely behave differently.

Eyrie
    Participant

Very impressive!

This shows us just what we are missing when a shoal in the hobby is only 20 individuals.

torso
    Participant

I remember a picture showing Heiko Bleher (?) on a fallen tree half way in the river, handling a large net and the remark that with one movement there were hundreds of Otocinclus catched. At least they tend to school is what I thought then. I never exspected to see that in a tank. They have been stocked up to 1’000 specimen by now.

We’ll see what H. bleheri is going to show in this extraordinary aquascape tank. Size: 400x180x140

Cheers Charles

Rüdiger
    Participant

How many of the H. bleheri are going into the tank?
    And when they do, a video update would be highly apreciated!:smile:
    Regards
    R.

Matt
    Keymaster

Guess that explains why there are mimic species schooling with Otocinclus in the wild. Pretty easy to hide if they group together in such numbers?

Really, really impressive set-up your friend has Charles!

BigTom
    Participant

That is wonderful to see in a tank. I’ve watched videos of people collecting otocinclus in the wild in completely green water, but you can see where the massive shoal is from the water churning so much.

Colin
    Participant

this video? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilnitMs1LRk

nothing to do with HB!

torso
    Participant

yes. Colin. It’s not always him. Seems I’m becoming old … Two thousend at once that’s not bad

Thanks

Other videos to come

Cheers Charles

Aquarius
    Participant

Hi,

Thanx for posting the video, Charles.

I`ve set up the tank 6 weeks ago and added 250 H. bleheri and 40 P. denisonii on tuesday this week. On wednesday, the H. bleheri swam in a circle as a schooling fish in a reef. One day later, the H. bleheri and the P. denisonii hanging around in the whole tank. Shoal? nothing to see :-) I own the same species in smaller groups and smaller tanks. The P. denisonii always swim in one group, the H. bleheri as well. Very interesting watching this species in large groups like this and in this big tank.

Here`s another pic of the tank.

10000_aug12.jpg

Cheers,

Andi

Matt
    Keymaster

Absolutely amazing Andi – any updates on this?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.