LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Paedocypris

This topic contains 36 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  Alex M. 5 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 59 total)
  • Author

Haji Badaruddin
    Participant

I was told that its near ny house ie Matang area /unsure.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:unsure:” border=”0″ alt=”unsure.gif” />

Matang is a peaty area with dark tea color water.Part of the area is developed for residential purposes now.Was told by a friend that there’s not many of these fish around now ….. Been told that they usually last abt 2 mths max in the aquarium. I’ll let you guys know once i get some.

Malti
    Participant

why only 2 mths? do they have a short life span or too delicate?

Haji Badaruddin
    Participant

From the info that i get from the friend …… these fishes are delicate ……. So far he told me his current stock abt 10 of them have lasted more than a mth.I cant really comment much on these fishes as i have yet to get one …… But i am dying to get some pics of them.

Malti
    Participant

you are lucky to have so many wild fish…we get only mosquito fish here, and in some secret spots a killifish which is illegal to keep

Haji Badaruddin
    Participant

Ha ha ha /wink.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”;)” border=”0″ alt=”wink.gif” />

pablito
    Participant

QUOTE (Matt @ Jul 6 2008, 01:30 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Bloody undercover fish geeks…../ph34r.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:ph34r:” border=”0″ alt=”ph34r.gif” />

more like El Mariachi’s teacher!

Attached files

Malti
    Participant

Matt
    Keymaster

QUOTE (pablito @ Jul 7 2008, 03:01 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    more like El Mariachi’s teacher! /ohmy.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:o” border=”0″ alt=”ohmy.gif” />

Can you tell us a bit more about how you maintain and breed the Danionella? I thought they were fantastic little things…

Matt
    Keymaster

Paul have you seen this? They’re on Ebay!

Matt
    Keymaster

A third species has just been described by Britz and Kottelat, Paedocypris carbunculus:

Pic from Britz, R & M Kottelat, 2008. Paedocypris carbunculus, a new species of miniature fish from Borneo ( Teleostei: Cypriniformes: Cyprinidae). The Raffles Bulletin of Zoology 56: 415–422.

Attached files

Matt
    Keymaster

Ps – thanks HH at Petfrd for the paper!

Haji Badaruddin
    Participant

My Paedocypris sp collected from Sibu Sarawak.

Feeds mainly on BBS and 6mm TL

oaken
    Participant

Very cool! You are so lucky

Matt
    Keymaster

Awesome stuff Haji!

Haji Badaruddin
    Participant

Hi Oaken,

Thanks ….. i got them together with the sundadanio axelrodi.

Matt,

Collected around a few 100s of those a few weeks ago and only a handful died during transportation.So far so good …… no prob yet.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 59 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.