LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Pale Sidthimunkis

Home Forums Fresh and Brackish Water Fishes Pale Sidthimunkis

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Richy 10 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Richy
    Participant

Hi, have 5 of these, 3 seem fine colour wise but 2 of them are pretty pale and together. One of them is turning onto it’s side and letting the other get close and fumble about it with it’s mouth and they’re shimmying a bit.
    I first thought paired up, sexual activity but I don’t want to jump to comclusions.
    Any thoughts on this as I think someone on here bred some. They’re in a community tank so not holding my breath.
    They seem active enough and eating well and no signs of illness.

Richy

Mark Duffill
    Participant

I see this sort of thing a lot among my shoal of around 50 sid’s and it is pretty much always the fish settling dominance issues, when the females are quite plump the males will swim with them and show similar activity but the female doesn’t seem to go anywhere near as pale as the male does whereas two males will match each other and go almost silver/grey.

Richy
    Participant

sounds very similar to whats happening /biggrin.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:D” border=”0″ alt=”biggrin.gif” />

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.