LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Pangio Oblonga

Home Forums Fresh and Brackish Water Fishes Pangio Oblonga

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  mikev 4 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

mikev
    Participant

http://rainbow-fish.org/fishpic/obl-alb-grp.jpg

Plaamoo
    Participant

Did you bleach one? :)

mikev
    Participant

I wish I knew how…. nay, it is a true albino. First one seen, I think?

Matt
    Keymaster

Very cool! How many young approximately now Mike? Do the adults continue to spawn?

mikev
    Participant

These are not my spawn… they are F1 but it is someone else who got lucky with the albino, I bought the entire spawn and set them separately from mine. Not sure if they are up to spawning age yet…

As for mine: no more spawns but when one has about 30 p.oblonga + other fish in a 29g tank, it may be too crowded for spawning… and it is the new group that I’d like to spawn, I have 60+ p.oblonga altogether now :(

Some more photos of the albino addedobl-alb.jpgobl-alb1.jpgobl-alb2.jpg

Matt
    Keymaster

Good to know that others are having success with Pangio but what on earth are you going to do with all those oblongaKiss

Can we use a couple of those pics in the profile please Mike?

mikev
    Participant

Of course use anything I post anytime, no need to ask.

As for

what on earth are you going to do with all those oblonga

do you really have to ask difficult questions? Maybe it is my favorite fish…. Embarassed

Actually this group is the albino + 24 of its siblings… the hope is that they breed too …. I’d like a line of albinos.

Matt
    Keymaster

Haha, then perhaps not a difficult question. :D So you’ll try to breed with the albino +1 ‘normal’ once gender is established?

mikev
    Participant

The smart thing to do probably would be to breed albino + 5 of the opposite sex but for now let them just stay together… I am too short on space to give the rest another tank and I don’t want to discard any that may have the albino gene. And I have a tiny bit of hope that the person who bred them will find another albino in his next spawn (he promised to give me the first rights to the new spawns).

As for the gender: hopefully Thomas Frank finds his way to this thread…. to me it looks like a male, but he would know better.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.