LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Pangio sp. help please.

Home Forums Fresh and Brackish Water Fishes Pangio sp. help please.

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Matt 5 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Rüdiger
    Participant

Good evening all.

After almost 2 decades I acquired a Pangio species again. Nothing exiting, just 4 specimens of the good old P. semicincta, or so I thought.

3 specimens certainly are P. semicincta and look more or less like the feller pictured below.

Pangio004-1.jpg

One however is quite different.

The saddles are restricted to the upper half of the body, it shows a lot less yellow than the other 3 and looks overall quite ‘pinkish’.

First I thought it could be P. cuneovirgata but there are no nasal barbels I can see and the caudal isn’t trunkated either.

Can anybody confirm P. malayana from the video, which isn’t all that great I’m afraid.

http://youtu.be/ngOjGdmaVvM

Regards

R.

Thomas

Hi Rüdiger,

I would say it’s P. malayana. I can see short nasal barbles but long enough to say it’s only tubes. The best way to differ P. malayana from P. cuneovirgata are the Nasal barbles, the caudale of both species are very similar and my P. cuneovirgata hasn’t a truncated caudale. IIRC…

Cheers,

Thomas

Thomas

Maybe you are right. While feeding I’ve take a closer look to the cuneovirgata and it could be that the caudale is truncated.

Rüdiger
    Participant

Cheers Thomas,

I got one single shot in last night (after sitting in front of that tank for hours :smile:). It’s still far from a good photo but I believe it does answer my question? No nasal barbels and the second bar on its head does not meet under the chin, hence it almost certainly is P. malayana?

IMG_7580.jpg

Would you perhaps know the morphometric relation of body-depth to SL in P. malayana?

Regards

R.

Thomas

Would you perhaps know the morphometric relation of body-depth to SL in P. malayana?

No, sorry. I have it for some Pangio species, but not for P. malayana.

we have to measure self  :)

Rüdiger
    Participant

Thomas said 

……………..we have to measure self  :)

Spassvogel……:D:D:D

Matt
    Keymaster

I think it’s P. malayana too. What do you need the other stat for Rudi?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.