LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Pangio sp. panda

Home Forums Fresh and Brackish Water Fishes Pangio sp. panda

This topic contains 11 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Matt 6 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

Thomas

Hi,

last weekend I was a little surprised. In a tank with “Pangio pangia” are some of the Panda Pangio. Some with blueish coloured heads, others without this colorization. Sadly the bluish is gone in my tank and the Pangio get a darker body (like P. oblonga).

Has anybody seen this blue head at Pangios too? I will play a bit with the light, maybe I can get the blue back…

Thomas

Attached files

Matt
    Keymaster

Hi Thomas, is this one undescribed or a variant of an existing species?

Thomas

I don’t know Matt. First I meant I’ve got this: http://www.loaches.com/species-index/pangio-unknown-1 but now I’ unsure, my have colored pectorals, this differs them from the similar P. oblonga and the “panda” in the link. And the colour of the barbels is the same from the dark bars on the head, the panda coolie has brighter barbels, and my oblonga also. Less or more

But the behaviour is exactly the same as I know it from P. oblonga. Not very shy

Plaamoo
    Participant

The ones I’ve seen had a very distinct, dark, panda stripe across the eyes. Yours seem to have faded Thomas, could it be the white substrate?

Thomas

You are right, it’s faded. Here is a pic taken a few minutes after they come in the tank. Dark on the back and the sides were brighter than now.

Attached files

Thomas

it’s me again,

I’ve turns the light out and take a photo. With the flash light the blueish comes a bit through. In 2005 I’ve seen here in a shop a shipment full of this “blueheadpangio”. In the shop tanks the blue heads were easy to see, but I bought none and couldn’t say what would happens at home with the heads. I also don’t know which lamps the shop use.

I don’t know if this really important

Attached files

Matt
    Keymaster

Hi Thomas I don’t think the fish you posted as oblonga is that species as it lacks nasal barbels and yours has them. *scratches chin*

Thomas

/rolleyes.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:rolleyes:” border=”0″ alt=”rolleyes.gif” /> I’ve searched a bit on loaches.com and found…a blueface http://www.loaches.com/species-index/photo…nga_05.jpg/view maybe it has really only to do with the light.

I wonder if it has been better to buy some of the Lepdiocephalus macrochir on Saturday… uglier but easy to determine

Matt
    Keymaster

Hehehe it’s all good fun though right Thomas?!

Thomas

Indeed Matt

Thomas

Hi,

some times ago I’ve noticed that at least two females are gravid. Today I made this pic. The eggs are good to see between ventrale and anale.

Attached files

Matt
    Keymaster

Now to find the spawning trigger!

Thomas

QUOTE (Matt @ May 29 2010, 11:05 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Now to find the spawning trigger!

Till now I can say, nothing works without males… /blush.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:blush:” border=”0″ alt=”blush.gif” />

At least I can get one or two males tomorrow, this species is in trade at the moment.

Cheers,
    Thomas

Thomas

Ok, you can call me idiot!

both together, I would say it’s clear.

Now I haven’t any excuse why they doesn’t spawn.

Attached files

Matt
    Keymaster

That shows the difference really clearly, great stuff Thomas! Are all the females paler, or is it just stress patterning in the photo?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.