LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Paper wanted

Home Forums Ichthyology Paper wanted

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  coelacanth 2 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

coelacanth
    Participant

OK, maybe someone on here can help. One evening this week I saw a post on Facebook relating to a paper on acoustic communication in a species of fish, but then I was distracted, probably by something about cats or some clickbait rubbish on IFLS, and by the time I got back to the laptop it had scrolled away to oblivion.
    It was a small freshwater fish, something easy to care for and therefore suitable as a potential study subject for our students.

Does anyone know what I’m referring to or was it actually another absinthe-fuelled dream?

Matt
    Keymaster

coelacanth
    Participant

I don’t think it was, I remember seeing the title and thinking “ah, so they’re little chatterboxes as well!”. I keep wandering back to it being a Betta in my head, but that could be completely wrong.

Matt
    Keymaster

Was it a new study? There was one published on Megalechis recently but can’t recall seeing anything on Betta.

coelacanth
    Participant

I really can’t remember, it was a post-work “first of several cups of tea and think about food/going fishing/having a beer” where I’m wondering what to do with the evening when I spotted it. May even be an old paper that someone posted up on a group out of interest.
    It’ll show up again I’m sure…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.