LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Parambassis bistigmata, a new species of glassperch from north-eastern India (Teleostei: Ambassidae)

Home Forums Ichthyology Parambassis bistigmata, a new species of glassperch from north-eastern India (Teleostei: Ambassidae)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Stefan 5 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Matt
    Keymaster

Abstract

Parambassis bistigmata, a new species of glassperch from northeast India, is distinguished from its congeners by the combination of the following characters: two distinct black spots on either side of the anal-fin origin connected by a narrow black curved line; 13–14 gill rakers on the first gill arch; 65–67 scales in lateral series; a well developed pre-orbital edge with prominent, acute spines, almost covering the upper lip; dorsal and ventral sides of caudal peduncle with a longitudinal black stripe; and the presence of a faint, vertically elongated humeral spot.

If anyone can get this I’d like a copy, please.:smile:

Stefan

Me too 🙂

Bojan Dolenc
    Participant

Me to, please;)

Does anyone know if it is true, what it says on the Fish Base, that the Indian glassy fish is spawning so that it builds a nest and implements/ shows a parental care for the brood (= Builds a nest and guards its young.)Look: http://www.fishbase.org/summary/Parambassis-ranga.html

? For me this is a sensational claim, which is contrary to what is in most literature, including a description on this portal: http://www.seriouslyfish.com/species/parambassis-ranga/?

P.s. I would also need this one:

Reproductive biology, growth, and age composition of non-native Indian glassy fish Parambassis ranga (Hamilton, 1822) in … Ishikawa, T. / Tachihara, K., Journal of Applied Ichthyology, 28 (2), p.231-237, Apr 2012
    doi:10.1111/j.1439-0426.2011.01896.x
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.