LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Parosphromenus Deissneri

Home Forums Fresh and Brackish Water Fishes Parosphromenus Deissneri

This topic contains 10 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  oaken 7 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

oaken
    Participant

Two shots of one of my males. And yes, this is the real deal. Parents were caught by Linke and Dahl in Bangka in 2008.

Matt
    Keymaster

Absolutely gorgeous Gustav!! *licks lips* How many do you have in total? Would be nice to see a female for documentation.

Plaamoo
    Participant

Wow!

oaken
    Participant

I have 5. I think I have 3 males and 2 females but I’m not 100% sure. I have 1 pair that are in their own tank (the ones above, you can see the female in the background) and 3 that are in another tank which is basicly a jungle of Ceratopteris roots so I’m not quite sure of the sexes there

Malti
    Participant

QUOTE (plaamoo @ Jan 8 2010, 06:04 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Wow!

Bluedave
    Participant

That is one nice fish!

keith565
    Participant

has to be the nicest looking anabantoid ever. i’d love to be able to get hold of some, but rarely show up on uk lists as far as i know.

dunc
    Keymaster

That really is one hell of a fish.

oaken
    Participant

QUOTE (keith565 @ Jan 9 2010, 09:53 AM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    has to be the nicest looking anabantoid ever. i’d love to be able to get hold of some, but rarely show up on uk lists as far as i know.

I bet you won’t find this one as it has never (as far as I know) been commercially imported /smile.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:)” border=”0″ alt=”smile.gif” /> But there are several other Parosphromenus that are just as nice

Matt
    Keymaster

We’ll cover the genus properly in the Knowledge Base at some point. I have photos of several species (and their habitats in some cases) already. Why has deissneri not been imported before Gustav?

oaken
    Participant

QUOTE (Matt @ Jan 10 2010, 01:49 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    We’ll cover the genus properly in the Knowledge Base at some point. I have photos of several species (and their habitats in some cases) already. Why has deissneri not been imported before Gustav?

I honestly don’t know, Matt. The typelocality for deissneri is Baturussak on Bangka (Bleeker 1859), but nobody has ever been there to catch them since then. Parosphromenus bintan occurs on the west side of the island and P. deissneri only occurs on the east side. And the main difference between the two is supposedly that P. deissneri has a pointed caudal fin while P. bintan has a rounded one. Now this is the weird part, because the ones that I got are F1 from wild caught P. deissneri that did have a pointed caudal fin, but my fish doesn’t. So we’re not sure if it’s got anything to do with age or what http://www.akvarieviden.dk/artikler/vis_artikler.php?tid=123

But you need to translate it from Danish with Google Translate or whatever

Author
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.