LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Patio fish

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Matt 5 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

coelacanth
    Participant

Just thought I’d list the fish I currently have outside

Wild type Puntius cf. semifasciolatus

Coryodoras cf. longipinnis

Hyphessobrycon flammeus

Austrolebias paucisquamis

Cyanocharax sp.

The Flame tets have been a real success, I’ve always thought they would be ideal but when some tiny ones were imported very cheaply it seemed like the time to try. Even when the air temperature dropped out of double figures on a couple of nights recently the fish were active and colourful in the morning, they’ve grown at a ridiculous rate and should look as good as wild fish by the time the Summer is over.

The Austrolebias are in two lots, the old fish (now well over a year old) which had stopped spawning inside have been given a new lease of life. they are showing stunning colours again and the peat on the bottom of the tub is riddled with eggs.

I havem’t managed to get any cichlids outside this year, which is a shame, but at least I’ll have the tubs ready to go in future, I’ll get some more plants in next time which should help with the clarity of the water. It’s been a very good year for mossie larvae, so additional foods have only been used to provide a bit of extra variety.

Matt
    Keymaster

What kind of tubs do you use Pete? Plants, etc.?

Currently outdoors here:

Aphanius mento ‘Kirkgöz’

Aphanius transgrediens

Aphanius sp. ‘spring’ (probably a form of A. anatoliae)

Cualac tesselatus

Failed massively with Aphanius asquamatus this year after waiting ages to get some. Don’t think that the lacustrine species from Turkey can handle as much heat as the others.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.