LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Pc Trouble

Home Forums The Lounge Pc Trouble

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  thelizzious 9 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

thelizzious

Hi everyone, just a quick word to let you know I haven’t deserted the forum, I just have internet troubles, they keep throwing me off the net since days on a row now. I’ll be back though.

dunc
    Keymaster

Thanks for the heads-up

thelizzious

QUOTE (dunc @ Oct 8 2008, 01:17 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Thanks for the heads-up /wacko.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:wacko:” border=”0″ alt=”wacko.gif” /> /sad.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:(” border=”0″ alt=”sad.gif” />

Matt
    Keymaster

Boo.

dunc
    Keymaster

You won’t need to lose all of your pictures et al. There is zero need to format your PC.

What makes you say you’ve got the “wrong IP address”?

It sounds to me like your modem or router is acting up. I would recommend borrowing a friend’s cable modem and seeing if you have better luck with that. I suspect you will, meaning you simply need to purchase a new cable modem (or return your existing one and have your ISP replace it).

thelizzious

QUOTE (dunc @ Oct 9 2008, 12:06 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    You won’t need to lose all of your pictures et al. There is zero need to format your PC.

What makes you say you’ve got the “wrong IP address”?

It sounds to me like your modem or router is acting up. I would recommend borrowing a friend’s cable modem and seeing if you have better luck with that. I suspect you will, meaning you simply need to purchase a new cable modem (or return your existing one and have your ISP replace it).

/wink.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”;)” border=”0″ alt=”wink.gif” />

thelizzious

This is just to let you guy’s know I am still around but most of the time off line, sadly. Looks like no one I know, knows what is the matter exactly. I asked 6 people to have a look at it and I got 6 different opinions. /mad.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:mad:” border=”0″ alt=”mad.gif” />

thelizzious

My pc is still playing havoc, the internet-part I mean. Somewhere somehow someone made a mistake reformatting the dang thing last week and now nothing is running (see picture above). But if all goes like planned the pc goes to somebody who fixes pc’s and he will reformat everything anew en get internet up and running again. Untill then I have to stay patience (where is the prozac!) See you all next week, love and light, Lizzy.

dunc
    Keymaster

The only problems you could be having are..

• Faulty modem
    • Worn/torn/damaged cable between PC>modem or modem>PC
    • Phone line problem
    • Modem drivers not installed properly (though I can’t see how that would cause random internet disconnections)
    • Faulty network card

I think formatting your PC is a tad excessive! Wish I could help more but there’s not a lot I can do from here.

thelizzious

QUOTE (dunc @ Oct 12 2008, 12:43 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    The only problems you could be having are..

• Faulty modem
    • Worn/torn/damaged cable between PC>modem or modem>PC
    • Phone line problem
    • Modem drivers not installed properly (though I can’t see how that would cause random internet disconnections)
    • Faulty network card

I think formatting your PC is a tad excessive! Wish I could help more but there’s not a lot I can do from here.

Thanks, dear friend. The last two on your list are the faulty ones, because that is what the messages from windows kept saying. Though my provider also has changed, the new one who took over the bizniz succeded in throwing half Holland off line the last couple of weeks. Looks like it was my turn now. I haven’t had that warning from windows again in the last two days (knock on wood). I found a realy cheap Turkish guy who offered me to change my windows system, because I am using a light version of XP now and because I keep expanding my pc knowledge I’ll hit a wall somewhere real soon. I had no idea there are so many other XP versions.

Author
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.