LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Peacock Goby

This topic contains 10 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  KAH 9 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

dunc
    Keymaster

Couple of questions that one of the SF readers e-mailed in..

How long does it take for a juvenile to reach full adult size?

Annddd..

What’s the pH range of the Peacock Goby’s natural habitat?

Cheers gents

keith565
    Participant

no idea m8.

Malti
    Participant

How long does it take for a juvenile to reach full adult size?

according to some research up to 4 months

Richy
    Participant

not sure if this helps
    Fishbase

Matt
    Keymaster

Karlos where did your information come from mate? I reckon that question can’t really be answered, as it depends on a few factors. Temperature, the types of food being used, the frequency of meals and water changes will all have an effect for starters.

Peacock gobies have been commercially-produced for years so should do fine in loads of water types but the pH in its natural waters is between 7.0 – 8.0 if I remember right. The habitats themselves cover a small area and are in a virtually inaccessible bit of rain forest meaning wild caught fish are basically unavailable.

Malti
    Participant

I asked a mate who had some

Matt
    Keymaster

If we could get more info about what your mate was feeding and how often etc. it’d be good.

Malti
    Participant

QUOTE(Matt @ May 27 2008, 11:50 AM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    If we could get more info about what your mate was feeding and how often etc. it’d be good.

KAH
    Participant

yep, this is a little old but since I’m new I can be forgiven right?

my short answer…..Eternity.

but I’m not the very best of mom’s when it comes to feeding. My spawn started out in a 5 gallon tank with partial wc’s 3 times a week for the first 6 weeks or so. They primarily ate microworms.
    Then I moved 27 youngsters into a lightly planted 10g. They got a variety of live bbs, microworm and I started them on flake. 50% water changes once a week.
    This resulted in 16 of them disappearing.

The remaining 11 are now in a 20 long eating yummy high protein flake, frozen bloodworm and frozen bbs. The biggest might be an inch TL and they’re 5-6 mos old.

eternity….

Matt
    Keymaster

Much better to keep an existing topic going than start a pointless new one K.

KAH
    Participant

thanks Matt

Author
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.