LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Pearl Danio's

Home Forums Fresh and Brackish Water Fishes Pearl Danio's

This topic contains 11 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Mark Duffill 8 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Mark Duffill
    Participant

I got a couple of pics of the Pearl Danio’s that are in my Y. splendida tank:

They are spawning all the time and the splendida are certainly feeding well on all the eggs.

mickthefish
    Participant

Hmmm, they look more like roseus mate, it’s unusual for albo’s to have that much colour in the anal fin.

mick

Matt
    Keymaster

I think this fish is a Czech hybrid between albolineatus and roseus. Used to come up on some of Tom’s lists. Great pics btw Mark.

Daspricey
    Participant

Beautiful fish Mark!

I don’t think it’s roseus, rather a variant albolineatus (“Pulcher” springs to mind?). A hybrid is a strong possibility though. I think there is also another species that is almost identical to roseus? Just can’t think of the name.

Cheers

Dave

Matt
    Keymaster

The most colourful form of wild albolineatus that I’ve seen is this one pictured by Mr Choy which doesn’t really match Mark’s fish and was mooted as possible ‘pulcher‘:

Then there’s sp. ‘blue red stripe’ but this doesn’t look the same either. I think the ‘tweediei‘ is a less colourful form? Mark’s fish looks closer to roseus to me…

Attached files

thelizzious

QUOTE (Mad Duff @ Aug 6 2009, 09:37 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I got a couple of pics of the Pearl Danio’s that are in my Y. splendida tank:

They are spawning all the time and the splendida are certainly feeding well on all the eggs.

Lovely colors!

andy rushworth
    Participant

QUOTE (Matt @ Aug 8 2009, 11:19 AM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    The most colourful form of wild albolineatus that I’ve seen is this one pictured by Mr Choy which doesn’t really match Mark’s fish and was mooted as possible ‘pulcher‘:

Then there’s sp. ‘blue red stripe’ but this doesn’t look the same either. I think the ‘tweediei‘ is a less colourful form? Mark’s fish looks closer to roseus to me…

Me and Mick passed up on these about 5 years ago , and have kicked ourselves since

Daspricey
    Participant

I think that picture of Mr choy’s albo just shows how variable this fish is, looking at Peter Cottles page for albos , that last one looks more like roseus but not. I’m still convinced it’s a brightley coloured albo or a hybrid (most likely the latter

I’m still convinced they are albos though. But still stunning whatever they are!

Matt
    Keymaster

Can’t be an albo if it’s a hybrid buddy.

mickthefish
    Participant

Matt, there was only a handful of them and they were’nt in the best condition mate. it was at BAS. haha

mick

Matt
    Keymaster

Ha ha, now it all makes sense.

Mark Duffill
    Participant

These were just bog standard pearls when I got them but they have been eating the Hikari discus granules and tetra pro crisps that the splendida are eating and their colours have really come out, it also helps that they are pretty much constantly spawning.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.