LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Pelvicacheomis Taeniatus dehane Spawn

Home Forums Fresh and Brackish Water Fishes Pelvicacheomis Taeniatus dehane Spawn

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Matt 10 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Matt
    Keymaster

These little swines have outguessed me here. They’re in a stock tank where I’ve been feeding them up and never expected them to spawn, as the water is around neutral pH and these are supposed to prefer acidic water. When I went to do a water change today I spotted these lol /smile.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:)” border=”0″ alt=”smile.gif” />

dunc
    Keymaster

Sorry I didn’t text back mate, was at footy.

Great news

Matt
    Keymaster

Thanks mate

Adam
    Participant

Nice one !!

Matt
    Keymaster

Well three days in and there’s still a few eggs left. Think the rest have been pinched by various shady characters in the tank /smile.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:)” border=”0″ alt=”smile.gif” /> Tried to take some pics but the bit of the tank they’re in is too dim unfortunately. The male in breeding dress is truly one of the most stunning fish I’ve ever seen, simply awesome. Fingers crossed he doesn’t munch the eggs this time. Don’t know what’s got all the fish into this mood, must be the hot weather lol.

andrew
    Participant

Seems like there has been something in the Newc water over the last few months, with all the spawning going on!

Have these guys got it on again yet?

Matt
    Keymaster

Yep got a group of fry free swimming at the moment

Author
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.