LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Pelvicachromis Humilis

Home Forums Fresh and Brackish Water Fishes Pelvicachromis Humilis

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  pablito 10 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Jarcave
    Participant

Hi all

Does anyone know where I might find a female Pelvicachromis humilis? Prefferably the “Liberia red” strain? I bought a pair from Trimar some time ago, but lost my female due to illness. I’ve since been unable to find one with Trimar only having males left.

Does anyone know where I can find one? And if you do see one I’d be very grateful if you could let me know.

Thanks in advance.
    Jared

Matt
    Keymaster

Can’t help unfortunately but that is one I’ve love to keep…

dunc
    Keymaster

I had P. subocellatus for a while but never seen humilis in the shops. Stunning fish though.

mickthefish
    Participant

your going to struggle with this one Jared, iv’e only seen them twice in the shops and that was a while back bud.

mick

pablito
    Participant

QUOTE (mickthefish @ Jul 25 2008, 10:34 AM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    your going to struggle with this one Jared, iv’e only seen them twice in the shops and that was a while back bud.

mick

I have 8 wild adults but can’t let you have just a female. Am quite happy to let you have a pair. They came to me error and although they are verrry nice I don’t want them

Jarcave
    Participant

QUOTE (pablito @ Jul 25 2008, 02:37 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I have 8 wild adults but can’t let you have just a female. Am quite happy to let you have a pair. They came to me error and although they are verrry nice I don’t want them

Thanks for the offer, but that would mean I end up with a spare male. And you’ll know just how territorial they can be. They’re nothing like your average “krib”. My male is fully grown now and won’t even tolerate corries in his tank! In fact anything living near the bottom is fair game in his eyes. Apart from my L114, who can certainly handle himself.

pablito
    Participant

QUOTE (Jarcave @ Jul 25 2008, 07:57 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Thanks for the offer, but that would mean I end up with a spare male. And you’ll know just how territorial they can be. They’re nothing like your average “krib”. My male is fully grown now and won’t even tolerate corries in his tank! In fact anything living near the bottom is fair game in his eyes. Apart from my L114, who can certainly handle himself.

I would suggest then that you take all 8 which will give you,not only the one that you want, but also a massive input of genetic diversity to work with with on your breeding project.

Jarcave
    Participant

QUOTE (pablito @ Jul 27 2008, 11:39 AM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I would suggest then that you take all 8 which will give you,not only the one that you want, but also a massive input of genetic diversity to work with with on your breeding project.

What variant are they? And do you have any pics? If so, can you post them? Are they tank bred or F0? Do you have 4 pairs? Where were they shipped from? PM me with all the details if you like?

pablito
    Participant

QUOTE (Jarcave @ Jul 27 2008, 02:37 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    What variant are they? And do you have any pics? If so, can you post them? Are they tank bred or F0? Do you have 4 pairs? Where were they shipped from? PM me with all the details if you like?
    Author
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.