LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Pelvicachromis sacrimontis

Home Forums Fresh and Brackish Water Fishes Pelvicachromis sacrimontis

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Matt 10 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Jarcave
    Participant

I bought a couple of pairs of Pelvicacromis sacromontis on 10/07/08. The large male soon ascerted his authority and gave the smallest female and other male a kickin after just two days in the tank together. This pair have since been removed. He also gave the large female a hard time, but she soon realised he’d stop if she turned on her side submisively and “shimmied” in front of him. These are the fish 5 hours after being in the tank and before being seperated.

I’ve been feeding them up with a lot of live food and 16 days later it looks like they have spawned. As you can see, the small abdominal red dot on the female has swolen considerably. Apologies for the poor quality pics I’ve had to use my phone as I have lent my camera to someone right now.

Mum

Dad

Hopefully I’ll be able to post some pics of the fry and their development over the coming weeks…. Fingers crossed.

Malti
    Participant

they look fab mate

Matt
    Keymaster

Very nice indeed Jared.

Daspricey
    Participant

Beautiful!

Jarcave
    Participant

Cheers guys. They’re not bad looking “kribs”. Sadly the camera phone pics don’t do their colouration any justice at all. They look a bit washed out. I bought them from Trimar quite recently. They’re wild caught fish. I try to only buy F0 and F1 cichlids now. He’s probably 8 cm and her 6cm + TL. the other pair a bit smaller. All need a bit of work. The females need growing on especially. But they have potential.

Matt
    Keymaster

Jared, did they spawn?

Jarcave
    Participant

QUOTE (Matt @ Jul 28 2008, 03:32 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Jared, did they spawn?

They did. I noticed eggs on saturday (After shining a torch in their coconut) which have now dissapeared. So I’m hoping their is a batch of “wrigglers” in there. My only concern is the parents don’t seem to be defending the coconut as much as I would expect and I can’t see anything inside at the moment. Saying that though it’s at a bad angle to get a decent look inside. I should know more in a couple of days I suppose….

Matt
    Keymaster

Cool.

Author
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.