LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Phylogenetic relationships within the speciose family Characidae (Teleostei: Ostariophysi: Characiformes) based on multilocus analysis and extensive ingroup sampling 

Home Forums Ichthyology Phylogenetic relationships within the speciose family Characidae (Teleostei: Ostariophysi: Characiformes) based on multilocus analysis and extensive ingroup sampling 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Matt 6 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Stefan

Matt
    Keymaster

Cheers Stefan.:smile: This is the third Characidae phylogeny in three years I think?

Stefan

Possibly, yes.

Stefan

A site said about this paper that a new family is described therein (Triportheidae n. fam. Oliveira et al., 2011 ), but I cannot find it?

Graham Ramsay
    Participant

Bottom of page 20

In order to highlight this monophyletic lineage we expand the Triportheinae to include the genera Agoniates, Clupeacharax, Triportheus, Engraulisoma and Lignobrycon and recognize it as the Triportheidae (Figure 13).

Stefan

Never mind (it’s corrected now):

“Triportheinae Fowler, 1950 raised to family rank, now Triporthidae (included genera: Agoniates (formerly placed in Characidae: Agoniatinae), Clupeacharax (formerly placed in Gasteropelecidae?: Clupeacharacinae), Triportheus (formerly placed in Characidae: Bryconinae or placed in Characidae: Triporthinae), Engraulisoma (formerly placed in Gasteropelecidae), and Lignobrycon (formerly placed in Characidae: Bryconinae?))”

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.