LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Phylogeny Of The Southeast Asian Freshwater Fish Genus Pangio (cypriniformes; Cobitidae)

Home Forums Ichthyology Phylogeny Of The Southeast Asian Freshwater Fish Genus Pangio (cypriniformes; Cobitidae)

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  plesner 7 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Stefan

Bohlen, J., Slechtova, V., Tan H. H., & Britz, R. 2011. Phylogeny of the Southeast Asian freshwater fish genus Pangio (Cypriniformes; Cobitidae). Molecular Phylogenetics and Evolution, 61: 854-865.

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/artic…055790311003472

Abstract

The genus Pangio is one of the most species-rich of the loach family Cobitidae and widespread across South and Southeast Asia. Its species diversity has never been studied under a clear phylogenetic approach, but four ‘species-groups’ were proposed according to the most obvious morphological characters. We present here phylogenetic analyses of the genus Pangio based on sequence data of the mitochondrial cytochrome b gene, the nuclear recombination-activating gene 1 (RAG 1) and a combined dataset of 109 specimens from 18 morphologically identified species across the whole distribution area of the genus. Our data reveal the existence of three major lineages within Pangio. Two of our major lineages were congruent with formerly proposed species-groups, the remaining two species-groups together formed the third major lineage; herein we refer to the lineages as to anguillaris-group, kuhlii-oblonga group and shelfordii-group. The application of a molecular clock dated the age of the three lineages to 33–29 million years. At the species level, our data suggest about 30 distinct lineages, indicating that there is a high number of undescribed species within Pangio. The use of Pangio to address biogeographic questions is demonstrated with the example of the shelfordii-group, which is distributed across Sundaland.

t-hak

I’d like to have a copy if anyone has access to the paper, thanks.

Stefan

QUOTE (t-hak @ Dec 9 2011, 10:51 AM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I’d like to have a copy if anyone has access to the paper, thanks.

I am working on it!

Matt
    Keymaster

I have it already so will send on now. More b***dy updates to profiles required…

Bojan Dolenc
    Participant

QUOTE (Matt @ Dec 9 2011, 02:39 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I have it already so will send on now. More b***dy updates to profiles required…

Please me too, Matt;)

plesner
    Participant

I’d love to read that one too, please.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.