LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Phylogeographic Breaks In The Livebearer Poeciliopsis turrubarensis

Home Forums Ichthyology Phylogeographic Breaks In The Livebearer Poeciliopsis turrubarensis

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  pablito 6 years ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Matt
    Keymaster

Abstract

This study asks if the geographic boundary delineating two fish communities in western Costa Rica is congruent with a phylogeographic break in a single widespread fish species Poeciliopsis turrubarensis (Poeciliidae) that spans this area. Such congruence would suggest that a common historical event (e.g. geological or climatic) could be responsible for both patterns. It was found that there was a shared break across a region in central Costa Rica suggesting a common cause may be responsible for both the abrupt shift in fish community composition and the genetic break in P. turrubarensis.

pablito
    Participant

well as it happens our main aquarium support colleague is off to Costa Rica very soon so I think I’ll read then send her the abstract with some location data and attempt to inveigle her into doing a spot of net dipping, bagging and bringing back. Not sure she’ll tumble though

Matt
    Keymaster

You want the full paper Paul?

pablito
    Participant

QUOTE (Matt @ Feb 1 2012, 07:45 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    You want the full paper Paul?

please Matt, as I’m off work with impetigo at present I do have a bit of time for relatively uninteruppted reading,

Matt
    Keymaster

Ooh nasty, hope it’s not a bad case?

Can you access your work email from home? If not I’ll need an alternative address as already sent it there…

pablito
    Participant

QUOTE (Matt @ Feb 3 2012, 08:10 AM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Ooh nasty, hope it’s not a bad case?

Can you access your work email from home? If not I’ll need an alternative address as already sent it there…

too low down the food chain to have those sort of privileges Matt so you’ll have to whizz it here. Will push my address to you via a pm.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.