LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Pickering Is An Island?

Home Forums The Lounge Pickering Is An Island?

This topic contains 10 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Matt 9 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

David Marshall
    Participant

Hey Folks

Saturday 6th September 1300

So much water has run down from the North Yorkshire Moors that Pickering is fast turning into an island. No roads open to Malton, Scarborough or Helmsley. Town centre due to flood. You don’t expect this in September.

Regards David

dunc
    Keymaster

I’ve just spent the past 30mins bucketing water out of my garage.. and for once it isn’t me that’s flooded it :>

mickthefish
    Participant

it’s bad mate, but they say it might get worse.

mick

Malti
    Participant

and we’re baking in the stifling sun….

Eyrie
    Participant

Makes me glad I’ve got a first floor flat.

David, Dunc – hope there’s no lasting damage.

David Marshall
    Participant

Hey

Dunc hope all is as well with you as it can be at this time.

Pickering – Water started to go down by 2000. Thankfully town centre did not flood. Roads open again. Water in houses around Memorial Hall.

Poor old Morpeth seems to have had a really bad time.

Regards David

dunc
    Keymaster

Yip our news specifically mentioned two places.. Morpeth and my estate

Matt
    Keymaster

Wow guys it’s so weird hearing about this and not being there! Hope all those affected are ok. Will check the news now. David do you live in Pickering?

Richy
    Participant

there were reports of a Seaking helicopter hovvering over Morpeth but not sure why it was there. Has been way over 10″ of rainfall in the last 2 days where we are but gladly I’m in an 1st floor flat. Lots of fire engines out round the crawcrook, ryton and northumberland ares pumping out water. Light rain now but supposed to be forcast for heavier again!!

David Marshall
    Participant

Hey

Richy – From local tv news the helicopter had to rescue a number of stranded people. A little girl, 3, was swept down a storm drain. Fortunately her Dad had the good sense to realise that this would empty into the local river so dived into the swollen water waiting for his little girl to appear. Fortunately both survived the ordeal.

Matt – Yes I have been resident in Pickering during all of my lifetime. Do you have non-aquarist friends or relatives here?

Regards David

Matt
    Keymaster

No David you’re the only person I know from there. My parents used to take us walking on the North Yorks Moors a fair bit so have been there a few times though.

Author
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.