LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Pics Of Belontia Hasselti

Home Forums Fresh and Brackish Water Fishes Pics Of Belontia Hasselti

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  andy rushworth 9 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

mickthefish
    Participant

hi all, after sorting some pics that i took at pier Aquatics to find out how clear they come out i found these pics of B hasselti.
    i did’nt purchase them as i have limited tank space at the moment, but i think they deserve a showing.
    the male is a full size specimen the female slightly smaller, but what a superb looking anabantid.
    there was only a small number of them so if anyones into this fish i’d get my skates on down to the shop.
    anyway enough waffling here’s the pics.

i know there’s a few of you guys into this genus, so see what you think.

mick

Mark Duffill
    Participant

Lovely looking fish

mickthefish
    Participant

dunno mate, i’ve got Pristolepis with the barbs but they have shortish fins, i think the long flowing fins of the male might be a temptation for them.

mick

Matt
    Keymaster

Pretty cool, they kind of look like some of the larger Ctenopoma species. I think they come from slow-moving water so maybe not the best companions for barbs? As for Pristolepis, they can definitely handle themselves. The one I had was in with Geophagus and was not only the most aggressive feeder in the tank but also ragged all their fins to shreds.

Malti
    Participant

very nice fish

mickthefish
    Participant

btw Matt, how big was your pristolepis bud?, mine is approx 4+ inch SL and it’s a well behave fish.

mick

Matt
    Keymaster

Similar kind of size Mick, perhaps a shade bigger. What species do you have? Mine was a fasciata.

mickthefish
    Participant

marginatus bud.

mick

andy rushworth
    Participant

I had 2 pairs of Pristolepis Malabaricus , my personal fave’s chocolate brown bodies with white trimmed fins

Author
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.