LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

pictures of Amur gobby

Home Forums Fresh and Brackish Water Fishes pictures of Amur gobby

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  doshio 3 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

doshio
    Participant

fresh_goby_1.PNGmiluh_1.PNG

Here are pictures of Amur gobbies in my little terarium

Doshio

mikev
    Participant

rhinogobius giurinus / brunneas / similis? (I don’t have Jutta’s eyesight to id)…. how is the aggression level ?

doshio
    Participant

Hi

Actually, all Amur gobies in Korean streams are Rhinogobius Brunneus.

They are very teritorial and aggresive.

Doshio

Ferrika
    Participant

Yes, may be Rhinogobius brunneus (R. gigas). I can’t see this at this distance. Can you please make a pic close up so we can see the drawing better, Doshio?

The aggressive level would be the same as R. candidianus, Mike. It is often seen worse than in reality. The social behavior of gobies happens to be very rough. As long as they do not kill each other, all is well.

In order to counteract their territoriality, you should distribute more stones on the ground, so they can get privacy, Doshio.

doshio
    Participant

goby131225_2.PNGgoby131225_3.PNGgoby131225_5.PNG

I wish your happy X-masSurprised

I hope these pictures are of help.

Doshio

Ferrika
    Participant

Unfortunately you are too far away with the camera. I need a big picture of the goby. Quite close. So I can not more apparent than before.

You a Happy New Year.

mikev
    Participant

Sorry for the hijack, but it may be the same species… what do you think of http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y410/TheWetSpotTropicalFish/Gobies%20and%20Gudgeons/Rhinogobiusbrunneus_zps3d8cc18d.jpg

Ferrika
    Participant

May be, Mike. But the pic is very bad. I would think, that is a Rhinogobius maculafasciatus.

mikev
    Participant

Thanks Jutta,

I’ll ask for more pics…. Not sure I can have more fish, I just added loads of loaches…. but I’m curious… particularly about the red tail, I think some brunneus have it: http://ffish.asia/?p=none&o=sspm&id=30710

Ferrika
    Participant

Yeah, Mike, that is a R. brunneus (gigas). They are very rarely. And a lot of the brunneus-complex have this red tail. The R. maculafasciatus too.

mikev
    Participant

Would you please look at the photos in this folder? ==> http://rainbow-fish.org/fishpic/brunn/
    (this is what they sent… hopefully enough for id… and hopefully not rubros yet again :blush: )

thank you!

Ferrika
    Participant

Definitely not R. brunneus (and of course not R. rubromaculatus Laugh). I’m not sure, but probably R. maculafasciatus. I need to search for a paper of those.

Bad pics!

On fishbase are a lot of wrong pics. Look at this, this is a R. brunneus (gigas): http://www.fishbase.org/Photos/PicturesSummary.php?ID=27332&what=species

mikev
    Participant

I doubt I can get better pics… I’m surprised I managed to convince them to provide these….
    I actually saw R.maculafasciatus before, nowhere as colorful as these… so I’m tempted. :(
    The ones on this page look somewhat similar?

What do you know about R.maculafasciatus if it is them? Do you keep them? Aggression—is it something like my Rhinogobius henchuenensis? (if yes, I can live with it). Sexing?

Ferrika
    Participant

I have one pair of it and they are very peaceful. The most time they are not so colorful, but sometimes. I think, the gobies in the pic are R. maculafasciatus or similar. But not so large as R. brunneus or R. formosanus.

mikev
    Participant

Thanks… going through the photos I don’t think I see any females… so I’ll have to pester them again. Fair to assume that females have clear fins like the link I put above?

I’ll try to find out which country they are from, maybe they know.

(I assume they are always as colorful as these, the photos are random shots in a store tank)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.