LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Pim Pictus

Home Forums My Aquarium Pim Pictus

This topic contains 7 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Sofia 9 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

CoryCat
    Participant

Hi, I bought a pair of pims at the weekend, and am now looking to move them into a 48″ tank once it has been set up (which will be in a couple of months). Does anyone have any ideas on what I could put in with them in the new tank? I don’t really want anything too big or agressive, and I might get some more pims, so any suggestions?

Matt
    Keymaster

I’d definitely add more pims. You could also keep an L number plec or two (choose the more active species). Other stuff that could work would be medium-sized characins, cyprinids and rainbowfish. P. pictus like a fair bit of water flow and are voracious feeders so slower-moving stuff like most cichlids and anabantoids are out in my opinion.

keith565
    Participant

i agree with Matt. pims will usually have a go at eating anything that will go in their mouths.

ORCA.
    Participant

The only Pims I’ve kept were in a 180g along with Texas, Redheads and Gold Saums, they were left alone

Matt
    Keymaster

That must have been one rough and tumble tank

Catfish_Master
    Participant

yes they will eat anything that will get into their mouths, i have 3 pictus close to 8 inches and over the weekend my girl friend seen some glow fish that she liked not thinking she put then in the tank with my 2 oscars and 3 pictus and at my surprise my biggest pictus at 3 of them and the albino oscar at the last one haha i couldn’t help but laugh and she got so mad lol

Matt
    Keymaster

I still can’t believe those “glo-fish” are legal in the states. It makes me sad

Sofia

They look pretty, but I think that that’s not the way nature intended fish to be

Author
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.