LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Placement Of Epalzeorhynchos/crossocheilus Etc.

Home Forums Fresh and Brackish Water Fishes Placement Of Epalzeorhynchos/crossocheilus Etc.

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Matt 8 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Matt
    Keymaster

Right now these are split between the ‘Loaches/algae eaters’ and ‘All other cyprinids’ categories in the knowledge base. Now I KNOW the category system needs a thorough overhaul and we will do it at some point but if you lot can give me some feedback on where you think these genera should be placed for now that’d be swell. Cheers! /thumbs_up.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:thumbsup:” border=”0″ alt=”thumbs_up.gif” />

Ps – if anyone has or can get hold of a decent image of an adult red-tailed black shark it’d be much appreciated.

David Marshall
    Participant

Hey Matt

I would place all into ‘All other cyprinids’ for now.

I have a lovely photograph of an albino rtbs that was taken, at my home, by our good friend Mad Duff. If MD gives permission for you to use this photo. on SF then I will forward a copy on.

Regards David

Mark Duffill
    Participant

I agree with David all in “all other cyprinids”

I am happy for any of my photo’s to be used on SF

Matt
    Keymaster

Ok cool that’s what I thought you’d say.

Mark Duffill
    Participant

Yeah Garra to, it seems to be coming increasingly popular for shops to sell Garra’s as loaches or at least put the word Loach into its name somewhere

David Marshall
    Participant

Hey

Garra is a real ‘minefield’ of a genus as the early scientific community used it as a ‘catch all’ for cyprinids which were either similar in appearance or seemed to have no other ‘home’.

Regards David

Mark Duffill
    Participant

I think Cyprinids as a whole is a minefield and I dont think it will improve that much in my lifetime

David Marshall
    Participant

Hey MD

Totally agree.

Regards David

Matt
    Keymaster

Me too…

Author
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.