LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Please log in to post

Home Forums Feedback, Suggestions and Support Please log in to post

This topic contains 15 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Plaamoo 5 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

Graham Ramsay
    Participant

It knows who I am as it tells me my name – then it says please log in to post???

The two wee green blobs seem to do nothing also.

Plaamoo
    Participant

Me too! For some reason I’m randomly logged out and must log back in. Also don’t get the green balls??

dunc
    Keymaster

Hi gents,

The forum is capable of detecting your username even if you’re not logged i, hence why it’ll say “welcome Graham Ramsay” even if you’re not logged in. Don’t let it confuse you! 🙂

Graham, are you encountering the same problem as plaamoo, whereby you’re being randomly logged out?

Graham Ramsay
    Participant

Yes, seems to be no pattern to it. Can be only a few minutes since I was posting and it requires a log in. Other times I haven’t been on the forum for more than a day and am still logged in.

What do the two green balls do?

Plaamoo
    Participant

I’ve visited the forum three times today and had to log in each time.

Ferrika
    Participant

The same at me.

There will be a cookie problem. When the browser is left open, I have not to login again. I close my browser, I need to log in again.

dunc
    Keymaster

Are you selecting the “remember me” tickbox?

Graham Ramsay
    Participant

Don’t have that – just the two green blobs

Plaamoo
    Participant

^Same for me. 2 green balls and the words remember me. None of which do anything when you try to click them.

Ferrika
    Participant

Dunc, I compared the logged_in cookie from SF and my blog. In my blog is valid for 2 weeks (the default), at SF “to the end of the session.” You have probably set somewhere in the pluggable.php a different setting (maybe via a plugin?). The cookie is now every time when closing the SF invalid and therefore we are then logged out every time.

Thomas

Hi,

Where the two green balls are, leave the fields blank and click on “log in”. Then you get a “log in” requester with the “Remember me” option. Works fine here, I’m always on!

Cheers,

Thomas

Graham Ramsay
    Participant

Thanks Thomas I’ll try that

dunc
    Keymaster

Hi again everyone,

Thanks for your patience. I think I understand the problem now.

I have literally no idea what those green circles are for! I’m investigating a way of removing/replacing them.

My suggestion would be this: instead of logging in via the button on the forum, please log in via the very top of the site, as per screenshot attached. The “KEEP ME LOGGED IN” tickbox should then appear, enabling you to remain logged in for much longer periods of time even after closing the browser (around a fortnight).

@Ferrika said:

Dunc, I compared the logged_in cookie from SF and my blog. In my blog is valid for 2 weeks (the default), at SF “to the end of the session.” You have probably set somewhere in the pluggable.php a different setting (maybe via a plugin?). The cookie is now every time when closing the SF invalid and therefore we are then logged out every time.

Hi Ferrika. Two weeks is the default option if the user selects “keep me logged in”, otherwise their details won’t be stored in a cookie once the browser is closed (shared computers, etc – it’s the safer default, in my opinion).

KEEP-ME-LOGGED-IN-1.png

Graham Ramsay
    Participant

@Graham Ramsay said:
    Thanks Thomas I’ll try that

Looks like that’s fixed it.

Ferrika
    Participant

Hi Dunc,

There is a difference between the login screen, as Graham described it, or if I right in the forum log in by clicking the button (with the two green balls).
    In the first case I get a cookie with 2 weeks validity, in the 2nd Case I get a cookie with the validity until the end of the session. Why this is so, although I do not know.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.