LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Plecs

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  HIGHTOWER 10 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

HIGHTOWER
    Participant

Make and model unknown! No reg plates to identify them!

Can anyone tell me what they are?

Matt
    Keymaster

First one is an Ancistrus; these are usually sold as bristle nose plec. It’s probably Ancistrus sp. (3). The bottom one looks like Parotocinclus jumbo aka the pitbull plec. Any chance of a slightly closer pic of the second fish Hightower?

HIGHTOWER
    Participant

I’ll try my best… not had them long so they don’t understand commands like “come here” “Lie down” and “stay” and the tank is too small for diving!

HIGHTOWER
    Participant

There ya go, Matt!

Lukily the one you wanted the pic of is sat right in front of the tank! The other is hiding behind the filter!

keith565
    Participant

def looks like an ancistrus.

Matt
    Keymaster

Yep ignore the Parotocinclus guess

HIGHTOWER
    Participant

QUOTE(Matt @ Mar 16 2008, 11:16 AM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Yep ignore the Parotocinclus guess

Matt
    Keymaster

I doubt the difference in colour is down to gender. Ancistrus can change their colours a fair bit depending on their mood and the level of lighting/shade in the tank. You might also have two different species as there are quite a few members of the genus that look very similar.

HIGHTOWER
    Participant

Ahhh, ok!

Cheers for identifying them for me guys! I have a nasty habit of asking the shop keepers what would be good for my needs, and then not checking what they’re called! /biggrin.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:D” border=”0″ alt=”biggrin.gif” />

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.