LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Poecilia Wingei black Endler Pond, Vap 04

Home Forums Fresh and Brackish Water Fishes Poecilia Wingei black Endler Pond, Vap 04

This topic contains 20 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  oaken 9 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author

oaken
    Participant

Finally got the flash for my camera sorted out again so I took som pictures for fun today:

Young Poecilia wingei male showing off.

And a shot of a Biotoecus opercularis male as a bonus:

Haji Badaruddin
    Participant

Super nice oaken

keith565
    Participant

great photos. fantastic colours on the endler. tfs

oaken
    Participant

Thanks guys

Bluedave
    Participant

Those are great pics!

What camera did you use?

oaken
    Participant

QUOTE (Bluedave @ Jan 16 2009, 02:36 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Those are great pics!

What camera did you use?

Thanks

oaken
    Participant

Some friday photos:

Parosphromenus linkei male

Parosphromenus linkei female

And here they are, sneaking in the bushes!

At last a young Betta uberis “Pangkalanbun” male.

Matt
    Keymaster

Wonderful shots Gustav!

oaken
    Participant

Thanks Matt. Did you manage to breed your Biotoecus? Mine haven’t showed any signs of spawning behaviour yet, i’ve had them for about 8 months or so now. Although I kept them in a small tank with tap water for half of that time due to not having enough space.

Also feel free to you any pictures you want for the knowledge base

Matt
    Keymaster

Great I certainly will cheers Gustav. /sad.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:(” border=”0″ alt=”sad.gif” /> Best of luck with yours though you lucky so and so! What water conditions do you have them in now?

oaken
    Participant

Okay, mine were fortunately pretty big when I got them, my largest male is probably close to 10cm long. Right now they’re in pH around 4,2-4,5 (haven’t measured since last water change so not sure and a temperature of about 24-25C. Haven’t been able to measure conductivity yet but I guess lowering the conductivity might be one of the keys to get them to breed, or at least I hope so.

Matt
    Keymaster

Could be yep. I reckon you could push the temperature up a few degrees as well. Are you using peat at all? All the breeding reports I’ve read suggested that peat was a crucial factor. Have you seen the Biotoecus sp. “New Tapajos” yet? Stunning little thing.

oaken
    Participant

QUOTE (Matt @ Jan 20 2009, 01:43 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Could be yep. I reckon you could push the temperature up a few degrees as well. Are you using peat at all? All the breeding reports I’ve read suggested that peat was a crucial factor. Have you seen the Biotoecus sp. “New Tapajos” yet? Stunning little thing.

I’m actually using peat as substrate in this tank, something I normally just do with killies and Bettas but I figured I’d give it a shot. But then again most of the good stuff has probably leached out of it by now. And yeah, I agree with you about the temperature, just haven’t came around to do it yet. So I better start making some RO-water and filter it through peat I guess.

And yes, I’ve seen the “New Tapajos”, very nice fish.

dunc
    Keymaster

That P. linkei is incredible oaken. The “black endler” is a fascinating little creature too.

Where did you buy those fishes?

Matt
    Keymaster

Gustav is the B. uberis confirmed? The ones I’ve seen before have always been a more uniform red colour…

Edit: S’ok ignore me. Just checked the species description and it seems the males are quite variable depending on locality.

Author
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.