LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Poecilocharax Weitzmani Tankmates

Home Forums My Aquarium Poecilocharax Weitzmani Tankmates

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Gert 8 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Gert
    Participant

Hi Everybody,

I was wondering if you guys would recommend the Poecilocharax weitzmani for my 80cm tank?
    The fishes that are in my 80cm tank are:
    15 Hyphessobrycon herbertaxelrodi
    8 Corydoras melini
    5 Otocinclus vittatus
    1m 2f Dicrossus maculatus

I also read that the Poecilocharax weitzmani would only accept live food and nothing else.
    Is this true or will they accept frozen food as well?

oaken
    Participant

It is somewhat possible to get them to accept dry/frozen foods, but I wouldn’t rely on it as the only food source. They don’t do well with more active fish competing for food though, so I don’t think they would fare well with your H. herbertaxelrodi and they might possibly get bullied by the Dicrossus.

Matt
    Keymaster

Your tank looks ideal but I agree the tetras might be a problem in terms of competition…

Gert
    Participant

On an other forum in the Netherlands I spoke with someone who has experience with this fish and said also that it might be a small problem with the tetras, but he saw no big problem. He recommended that if I take this fish that I had to get a small group op 2m and 4f. They shouldn’t have any problems with the Dicrossus according to him.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.