LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Poorly Goldfish

Home Forums Fresh and Brackish Water Fishes Poorly Goldfish

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  dunc 10 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Amy
    Participant

My friend got her goldfish about 3 days ago, but is sick now, she said it was swimming sideways/along the ground like it couldnt get up. It only stopped hiding behind its plants last night. Any idea why its like this?

dunc
    Keymaster

Well…

As I said to you t’other day, sounds like the poor little thing is stressed – may well have had a heart attack. It sounds like it wasn’t bought from the best stock in the first place, then if it suffered a long journey home as well, it hasn’t got much of a chance.

It could have swimbladder issues, but sounds more like a stress-induced heart attack.

Let us know how it got on though

Matt
    Keymaster

Hi Amy. Congrats on the first ever fish-related post here! Can you supply any of the following bits of info, as it would help with a diagnosis:

• What form of gold fish is it? Is it the standard shape or one of the ‘fancy’ rounded varieties?
    • How long has the tank been set up for?
    • Was the filter matured before any fish were added?
    • Did your friend add any chemical products to the raw tapwater?
    • How long was the fish in the bag for?
    • Was the fish acclimatised to the new tank or just thrown straight in when it was brought home?
    • Is it swimming normally now?

Amy
    Participant

Hey /biggrin.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:D” border=”0″ alt=”biggrin.gif” /> Still alive

dunc
    Keymaster

Good news!

Author
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.