LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Porcupine Nerites

Home Forums Invertebrates & Other Critters Porcupine Nerites

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Bully 8 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Matt
    Keymaster

I´m finding decent information on these quite difficult to come by. Seems there are at least 3 species being imported, Clithon corona, C. diadema, C. sowerbyana and maybe C. diadema souleyetiana, a subspecies. I´ve also seen all three listed with the ´cf.´prefix to the specific name, suggesting no-one really knows what they are! Can anyone help?

In the links here and here there doesn´t appear to be any projections on the shell of C. sowerbyana

Bluedave
    Participant

Where’s Richy when you need him……

Matt
    Keymaster

Where’s Richy in general is perhaps a more pertinent question…

Bully
    Participant

I obtained 3 Porcupine Nerites recently with an Arc tank that I got ex-display from the lfs. I initially didn’t have anywhere to put them as 2 of my 3 tanks contain Clea helena (Assassin Snail), and the 3rd tank is where my loaches are /smile.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:)” border=”0″ alt=”smile.gif” />

Matt
    Keymaster

Hi Bully any idea which species you have and are they taking prepared foods?

Bully
    Participant

They are the following species Matt

The snail above is about 1cm in size and, prior to this one closing up, I have never seen them off the glass, they just slowly cruise along, munching I presume. I have not witnessed them eating any prepared food. The one above has a fair bit of shell erosion, this is mostly down to the Etroplus picking it up and tossing it about

Author
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.