LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Posting Fish

Home Forums The Lounge Posting Fish

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Bigbadbaz 9 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Bigbadbaz
    Participant

Had a call tonight, I have a buyer for my flagtail but he needs to be posted to Somerset, I have a large Ploy box but what else do I need to do? He is approx 7″ long.
    Any help appreciated.

Baz

mickthefish
    Participant

hi Baz, you’d be better getting a half poly box and stuff it with news papers roughly balled up as it’s getting a bit cold you could also buy a heat pack from one of the shops you go to.
    i know quite a few guys that send fish around the country, they use a cardboard box lined with sheet of poly with poly packing bits to keep the bag from moving.

mick

Matt
    Keymaster

Try to get a large breathable bag for the fish too. Decent-sized fish can be a bit trickier to transport than small ones because of their oxygen requirements. Don’t feed the fish for two or three days before you send it so it isn’t producing so much waste in transit.

ndc
    Participant

youll probably get charged a minimum rate with it being for 1 box only so you could fill a couple of extra bags with water to keep the heat in the box (as it wont matter to the cost anyway) – just fill the bag about 25% water and the rest air – ive sent a few fish of about that size and theyve always been ok, try to get the earliest guaranteed arrival time as well – even if you have to pay a couple of extra quid as next day can be as late as 5 – 6pm. as matt says , dont feed for a couple of days to reduce waste – this is probably the most important for a safe arrival, you can buy ‘bag buddies’ or put stress coat in the bag but to be honest ive never bothered. i used to double bag the fish as well (turn the first bag upside down , inside the 2nd bag so the fish doesnt get stuck in a corner) and itll stop the fish puncturing the bag hopefully as well.

Bigbadbaz
    Participant

Thanks for the advice, am waiting till monday to call the couriers, buyer is prepared to pay for same day delivery or next day as early as possible.

Bigbadbaz
    Participant

Had an email from Dan the buyer, Dave is going to live in a 550 Litre tank!! Should be big enough to accomodate him!!

Bigbadbaz
    Participant

Big Dave has gone, should be in Plymouth by 7am tomorrow morning, have increased my shoal of buenos ares tetras to give me something to look at, also bought 3 rainbows.

Bigbadbaz
    Participant

Big Dave safely arrived in Plymouth and is in his new home, he is herding the rest of the community even though they are many times larger than he is.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.