LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Puntius manipurensis Menon, Rema Devi Viswanath 2000

Home Forums Fresh and Brackish Water Fishes Puntius manipurensis Menon, Rema Devi Viswanath 2000

This topic contains 10 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Matt 7 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Matt
    Keymaster

Currently on Glaser’s list. Just interested to know if the id is correct? Seem to remember Pete Cottle posting something very similar on Petfrd a year or two back?

Attached files

Shankar

Looks like the one.

What Heiko has posted in the below link ( The Puntius sp towards the end of the page above Zebra Danio ), seems to be manipurensis too.

http://www.aquapress-bleher.com/index.php?…66&Itemid=1

andy rushworth
    Participant

WOW !very nice looking /rolleyes.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:rolleyes:” border=”0″ alt=”rolleyes.gif” />

Matt
    Keymaster

P. meingangbii pic from Fishbase. This looks almost identical and was also described from Manipur. Anyone know the characters used to distinguish it from P. manipurensis?

Attached files

andy rushworth
    Participant

Hi Matt , I’d guess those are the same fish ,Manipurensis ?

I think of these two spot barbs as Ticto complex , and I M O its massive and poorly understood ?

When I once mentioned Meingangbii I was told it was similar to Odessa barb , though I guess the same could be said for Manipurensis ?

There’s lots of ???? where Ticto barbs are concerned !

Matt
    Keymaster

…and a distinct lack of photos unfortunately. Can you recommend any good references about this group Andy?

P.s. Shankar don’t suppose you have any pics of members of this group? *whistles*

andy rushworth
    Participant

Hi Matt as you know I don’t do pics /blink.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:blink:” border=”0″ alt=”blink.gif” /> can’t all be the same

Matt
    Keymaster

So we need to see inside your head? Hmm nothing a little ‘corrective’ surgery won’t fix. Dunc! Ready the tranquilisers and restraining straps!!

Pending Andy’s lobotomy let’s hope one or two of the guys from India can help us out with pics…

andy rushworth
    Participant

/laugh.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:lol:” border=”0″ alt=”laugh.gif” />

Shankar

Matt, I am yet to see the meingangbii in skin. Had kept a few manipurensis in the past, which used to sometimes available as Odessa Barb. But then, I was a child and didn’t have a camera.

There is possibly one Indian member who could still be keeping manipurensis. Let me check if he has got any pics to share.

Matt
    Keymaster

Thanks Shankar.

Author
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.