LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Puntius semifasciolatus

Home Forums Fresh and Brackish Water Fishes Puntius semifasciolatus

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Kajsa12 7 years ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Mark Duffill
    Participant

I picked up a group of 16 Puntius semifasciolatus before Christmas and have just added another 6 to the group, the colours on the males are stunning

Video #1

Video #2

boyneburn
    Participant

Nice fish & great colouring.

Matt
    Keymaster

I really don’t know why the natural form isn’t more popular. Beautiful fish!

keith565
    Participant

OMG, stunning mate.

Mark Duffill
    Participant

These are from North Lakes Aquatics in Penrith Keith, they still have probably 20 or 30 in.

keith565
    Participant

QUOTE (Mark Duffill @ Feb 16 2011, 09:15 AM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    These are from North Lakes Aquatics in Penrith Keith, they still have probably 20 or 30 in.

i’d love to get a few more barbs, broaden my horizons so to speak, but tank space is at a premium at the moment with my new additions.

A little too far for me to travel. But thanks for posting your photos and videos. I wasn’t familiar with this species, but they look really nice, so I’m hoping to try some out.

I’ve seen a yellowish version in the stores around here, and as soon as I make some space in the fishroom, I’m going to get some.

QUOTE (Mark Duffill @ Feb 16 2011, 04:15 AM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>

N0body Of The Goat
    Participant

I’d read that the wild type greens were a sight to behold and they weren’t kidding!

Nice find, Mark.

andy rushworth
    Participant

Hi Sonny , I take it by the yellow version you mean Shuberti barbs ? yeah for some strange reason man thinks he knows better than nature /rolleyes.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:rolleyes:” border=”0″ alt=”rolleyes.gif” /> for me the reason to fish keep is a kind of admiration for natures beauty /angry.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:angry:” border=”0″ alt=”angry.gif” />

Though Shuberts barb is more of a line bred fish /angry.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:angry:” border=”0″ alt=”angry.gif” /> so I was really pleased when it was discovered to be a wild fish [Padamya] after all

Yes, that’s what I meant. (I had to check Google.) I don’t have any experience with this species, and didn’t know about it at all until I saw Mark’s posts on Facebook. I think I’d like the wild type better, but, since they don’t seem to be in the stores around here, I’ll probably go with the yellow version.

Like you, I’m not crazy about hybrids. A lot of them don’t breed true, and so it can be really frustrating when you get odd and ugly variations when you try breeding them through generations, which is what I like to do.

I don’t mind color variations so much, though. Like your average eight year old, I’m attracted to bold primary colors.

QUOTE (andy rushworth @ Feb 19 2011, 05:13 AM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Hi Sonny , I take it by the yellow version you mean Shuberti barbs ? yeah for some strange reason man thinks he knows better than nature /rolleyes.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:rolleyes:” border=”0″ alt=”rolleyes.gif” /> for me the reason to fish keep is a kind of admiration for natures beauty /angry.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:angry:” border=”0″ alt=”angry.gif” />

Though Shuberts barb is more of a line bred fish /angry.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:angry:” border=”0″ alt=”angry.gif” /> so I was really pleased when it was discovered to be a wild fish [Padamya] after all

Kajsa12
    Participant

Very nice barbs.

Author
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.