LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Puntius stoliczkanus ?

Home Forums Fresh and Brackish Water Fishes Puntius stoliczkanus ?

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Matt 5 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

andy rushworth
    Participant

Hi Matt I notice you just expanded the Stoliczkanus Barb profile ! I’m always interested in these fish and their little regional differences your newest pics are of the Thai version ,these are slightly different to the Burmese ones in that they appear deeper in the body and lack the red and black ventral fins of the Burmese one’s ,also the spot behind the gills seems bigger in the Thai one’s ? the Thai fish seem more silvery as opposed to the brassy colour of the burmese fish ?

A good while back  Mick Wright crossed his Burmese with my Thai’s and though both fish are stunning in their own right the resulting fish were bloody aweful and lacked the colour of either !

It does make you wonder how close they actually are ?

Bojan Dolenc
    Participant

It is Pethia stoliczkana.

andy rushworth
    Participant

Thanks for that Bojan !

Matt
    Keymaster

Hi Andy been on honeymoon hence slow reply! The Thai and Burmese fish do look quite different huh? Type locality is eastern Myanmar so guess it would be the Thai ones that would receive a new name if they are different. Wonder if anyone is working on it…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.