LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Question About Angel-fish.

Home Forums Fresh and Brackish Water Fishes Question About Angel-fish.

This topic contains 11 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Reva 9 years ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

thelizzious

Hello my friends. I am hoping to get my self in the near future some angel-fish, but before I do that (in a couple of weeks or maybe even months) I would like to know more about them. I have read KB, but I hope someone who had/has them would like to tell me more. Is there anyone with experiences with angels? Advice and suggetions are very welcome.

Matt
    Keymaster

Liz please don’t read the angel profile at the moment I honestly have no idea what it says and the entire cichlid bit of the site needs sorting out.

David Marshall
    Participant

Hey Lizzie

Visit the Ryedale Aquarist Society website articles section. ‘Angels at Christmas’ and ‘Reply to Angels at Christmas’ will be good starting points.

http://www.ryedaleaquaristsociety.co.uk

Regards David

thelizzious

QUOTE (Matt @ Mar 29 2009, 11:46 AM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Liz please don’t read the angel profile at the moment I honestly have no idea what it says and the entire cichlid bit of the site needs sorting out. /laugh.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:lol:” border=”0″ alt=”laugh.gif” />
    I am not planning to breed. I just want to enjoy watching them.
    In my ideal world they have to be white (or silver) or gold, no lines or what ever. As simple as possible, a bit Zen-like. To start with they will have a tank of 70x40x40(cm). That tank today houses the so called “pondies” that will move to a pond as soon as the temperature allows it. Then I will clean the tank and start the complete aqauarium-protocol for the angels, with lots of plants and soft purple/pink light and preferably black sand. But it is not some sort of competition. I keep fish just for their beauty and their companionship.

thelizzious

QUOTE (David Marshall @ Mar 29 2009, 12:35 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Hey Lizzie

Visit the Ryedale Aquarist Society website articles section. ‘Angels at Christmas’ and ‘Reply to Angels at Christmas’ will be good starting points.

http://www.ryedaleaquaristsociety.co.uk

Regards David

I have been there, David. It was very helpful en I enjoyed reading it. I might be back to read some of the other articles. Thanks so very much.

mickthefish
    Participant

Hi Liz, what size tank are you thinking of for your angels?, the bigger the better imo.
    Matt said a good point about checking the finnage as there’s loads of bad finnage angels out there.

thelizzious

QUOTE (mickthefish @ Mar 29 2009, 03:50 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Hi Liz, what size tank are you thinking of for your angels?, the bigger the better imo.
    Matt said a good point about checking the finnage as there’s loads of bad finnage angels out there. /smile.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:)” border=”0″ alt=”smile.gif” />

Matt
    Keymaster

Honestly Liz I think your tank is way too small for angels although there are a few dwarf cichlids that might be alright. Sorry hun.

thelizzious

QUOTE (Matt @ Mar 29 2009, 04:08 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Honestly Liz I think your tank is way too small for angels although there are a few dwarf cichlids that might be alright. Sorry hun.

Oh No! /blink.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:blink:” border=”0″ alt=”blink.gif” />
    But I am so glad you said that now. Because I wouldn’t know what to do if I already had them. So, thanks so very much.

Reva
    Participant

Well, I am behind in replying, but for a small tank, I really like honey gouramis. They are shy and peaceful and very pretty, with ventral feelers like angels.

but if you have a big enough tank, I love the new Koi angels that are white, black and gold marble. I also love black veils. I have always been successful in picking a male and a female even when little, by sitting up close on a stool (yes in the fish store..LOL), and looking at the angle , or lack thereof between ventrals and anal fin. Females are almost straight horizontal and a bit wider. Same size males have a shorter space and a diagonal angle between the ventrals and anal fin. In a tank of babies the females always look studier somehow too.

I know that’s mumbo jumbo to the scientist guys, but I have had several breeding pairs that started out smaller than my thumbprint

thelizzious

Thanks Reva! I’m a bit confused right now, I was going for a larger aquarium anyway and I thought I had said that somewhere on this board. Anyway, I have Googled out ome dwarf-gourami info and pictures and I must say they have their charms too. I am not sure what to do, but I am grateful for your opinion. Namasté.

Reva
    Participant

these are the ones I am talking about. I have them in my 37gallon(US) with a variety of tiny tetras, and they are very charming. Perhaps if you get angels while small and then move them to a big tank later, you could have honey gouramis in the smaller tank then.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.