LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Questions On Garra

Home Forums Fresh and Brackish Water Fishes Questions On Garra

This topic contains 51 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  andy rushworth 8 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 52 total)
  • Author

Matt
    Keymaster

Here we go again.

Mark Duffill
    Participant

I had it but the portable hard drive it was on fried itself /thumbs_up.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:thumbsup:” border=”0″ alt=”thumbs_up.gif” />

Matt
    Keymaster

Fantastic, fingers crossed then!

Mark Duffill
    Participant

In addition to the Garra flavatra papers I will send Garra arupi and Garra findolabium papers here Matt, if you scroll down to 2008 there are quite a few Puntius papers

Matt
    Keymaster

Oooh fantastic Mark I shall have a proper sift through there after lunch. /rolleyes.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:rolleyes:” border=”0″ alt=”rolleyes.gif” />

Mark Duffill
    Participant

Have a look at this paper Matt – fishes of the Batang Hari drainage it is a big paper

Matt
    Keymaster

That’s the one I’m reading mate. Check the Leptobarbus thread.

Matt
    Keymaster

What foods have you guys found your flavatra to prefer? Mine loved bloodworm, chopped prawn, sinking tablets etc. but wouldn’t really touch cucumber or other fresh veggies. Is that generally the case?

Matt
    Keymaster

Don’t like to do this but…bump!

Mark Duffill
    Participant

Mine eat just about anything that is put in the tank Matt, they do like the white and black midge larvae and really seem to enjoy JMC catfish pellets but I dont think they are exactly fussy.

Matt
    Keymaster

Got hold of the paper. Interesting that G. flavatra was mostly collected from slow-moving or stagnant pools in rivers with low water level. I guess these must be seasonal but have written to Ralf Britz to see if he can help with further info.

Matt
    Keymaster

Sorry more questions.

Mark Duffill
    Participant

I have a group of 5 flavatra and they are very placid towards other fish in the tank and 90% of the time they are fine with each other, occasionally they do have little spats with each other but nothing to bad and I havent had them do any harm to each other.

I know Mick did have some problems once with flavatra.

I never see any real interaction between the flavatra and other fish, I have my flavatra in with spilota and burmanicus and they never bother each other.

Matt
    Keymaster

Fantastic info Mark cheers.

Mark Duffill
    Participant

QUOTE (Matt @ Jul 8 2009, 10:02 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Fantastic info Mark cheers.
    Author
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 52 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.