LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

R. dandia synonymised with daniconius?

Home Forums Ichthyology R. dandia synonymised with daniconius?

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Matt 3 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

coelacanth
    Participant

Was just checking something else to do with Rasboras elsewhere and noticed dandia wasn’t listed, instead it seems to have been placed into synonymy with daniconius. When was this? 

Byron Hosking
    Participant

According to Eschmeyer, Leuciscus dandia was placed into synonymy with Rasbora daniconius by Brittan (1972), but Silva, Maduwage and Pethiyagoda (2010) re-established it as distinct and in Rasbora.

Here’s the latter paper:

http://www.pfeil-verlag.de/04biol/pdf/ief21_1_03.pdf

coelacanth
    Participant

It was that paper that helped lead to the conclusion that what we have are dandia and not wilpita as originally thought, but dandia is no longer listed on Fishbase (I’m sure it was previously), instead you are directed to daniconius.

Byron Hosking
    Participant

@coelacanth said:
    It was that paper that helped lead to the conclusion that what we have are dandia and not wilpita as originally thought, but dandia is no longer listed on Fishbase (I’m sure it was previously), instead you are directed to daniconius.

It may be that for some reason Fishbase has missed this.  Dr. Eschmeyer who maintains the database at California Academy of Science has the references I cited previously.  These two sources are usually in sync.

Matt
    Keymaster

Agree that CAS tends to be more accurate than Fishbase, especially in terms of recent developments.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.