LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Rainbow Trout

Home Forums Fresh and Brackish Water Fishes Rainbow Trout

This topic contains 11 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Malti 8 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Malti
    Participant

anyone ever kept any? know where I can get info – got a pair from a friend and I’d like to keep them in an aquarium not in the water reservoir if dimensionally possible

David Marshall
    Participant

Hey Malti

Your problem would be finding an aquarium with adequate space, keeping the water cool and providing the huge amount of oxygen Trout would need in order to remain in good health.

In U.K. Public Aquaria they create a ‘mock mountain’ behind their Trout exhibits, and install a fountain system inside the mountain, in order for well-oxygenated water to be constantly fed into the display.

If I can find some photographs will post on this thread.

Regards David

Matt
    Keymaster

You’d need public aquaria-sized facilities to keep these indoors imo.

Malti
    Participant

QUOTE (Matt @ Jan 9 2010, 07:37 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    You’d need public aquaria-sized facilities to keep these indoors imo.

or a plate

Plaamoo
    Participant

I’ve seen many indoor trout displays here in the US but I can’t remember one that looked appropriate, where the fish looked well. Best left in the river IMO.

Bluedave
    Participant

little bit of salt, slices of lemon, plenty of parsley (or mint)- wrapped in foil and popped in the oven for about 20 mins……..

Malti
    Participant

QUOTE (Bluedave @ Jan 10 2010, 10:57 AM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    little bit of salt, slices of lemon, plenty of parsley (or mint)- wrapped in foil and popped in the oven for about 20 mins……..

did i just stumble on Mr Ramsay’s Forum? /thumbs_up.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:thumbsup:” border=”0″ alt=”thumbs_up.gif” />

johnpeten
    Participant

I must disagree with the Gourmet from Clifton.

Matt
    Keymaster

Where I come from a trout isn’t even a fish…

johnpeten
    Participant

QUOTE (Matt @ Jan 10 2010, 06:42 AM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Where I come from a trout isn’t even a fish… /rolleyes.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:rolleyes:” border=”0″ alt=”rolleyes.gif” />

Plaamoo
    Participant

Malti
    Participant

you brits r crazy…how can one insult by using such a beautiful fish’s name? XD

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.