LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Rainwater…….

Home Forums Fresh and Brackish Water Fishes Rainwater…….

This topic contains 10 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  keith565 9 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Richard
    Participant

Did my weekly water change today, emptied the tank of 20% of its contents, whilst hoovering the gravel, going to refill using rainwater collected in the new water-butt, thought I should do a check, just in case. glad I did, Ni – 0, Na – 0, pH 6.8, Am 2, bloody hell, where did that come from, Could it be something to do with birdshit?, washed off the roof during the rain……. needless to say I had to use tapwater to refill, but I really am confused now. Help!!! is probably a good word at the moment.

keith565
    Participant

OMG. i’m glad you checked the stats before making the water changes.
    it could be to do with the birds dooda, if they perch on your roof.
    i’m not sure what you can do other than filter the water for 24 hours and see if that gets rid of the ammonia, but this adds more time and effort to water changes.

Matt
    Keymaster

/laugh.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:lol:” border=”0″ alt=”laugh.gif” /> at Keith for using such a polite word for poo! Good thing you checked the water Richard mate. Is there any chance the chemicals could be coming from the water butt itself? Otherwise I’d agree the most likely source is the guano.

keith565
    Participant

lol, GUANO?????

Matt
    Keymaster

Ye-es guano……..and?

keith565
    Participant

erm, nothing, pooped

Richard
    Participant

Don’t think its the waterbutt – birdiepopo, is favourite – we do get some rather large pidgeons lurking on the roof. should have sussed it before really…….. one of the problems living in the country I suppose. Back to the tap water & the declorinator I guess, b*gg*r! /laugh.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:lol:” border=”0″ alt=”laugh.gif” />

Matt
    Keymaster

Has this thread taken a turn for the worst or what? I love the way you capitalised it for extra emphasis Richard

Richard
    Participant

don’t know about a turn for the worse……. (or should that be a turd for the worse)
    It was a load of s**t that got me into this mess to start with, its just pants, I’m not a nappy bunny……..

Matt
    Keymaster

That’s really poo-er Richard

keith565
    Participant

that hit a bum note lads. lol.
    is there no other way you can get rain water. perhaps build a roof, well, a small, low one from corrugated plastic or something similar, that the birds won’t defaecate on

Author
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.