LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Rasbora dorsiocellata Red Form.

Home Forums Fresh and Brackish Water Fishes Rasbora dorsiocellata Red Form.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  andy rushworth 9 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

mickthefish
    Participant

These fish came into BAS of Bolton in 2007, i don’t know a lot about them so if any of the lads or lasses know anymore about them i’d be very intrested in hearing, i’ll try to find where they were caught at BAS as they could be just another location form.
    here’s a pic of a pair and another of a group, at times the red is very strong on the base of the tail ( peduncle) the eye is emerald green with a flash just under the eye.
    typical small rasbora behavior and very hardy.

cheers
    mick
    dunc sorry for hyjacking your thread mate, it’s Matts fault.

Matt
    Keymaster

Who, me? this article but it’s all I could find. Do the males show more red than the females?

mickthefish
    Participant

thats a good read bud, now if BAS can confirm the area they are probably the same fish.
    the males are slightly more coloured than the females, but they can change their hue in seconds depending on their mood.
    i bought 20 initially but a few were weak and died leaving me with 16 healthy fish,
    soon i’ll try and get them to breed. i know the basics on breeding these Rasbora ie they scatter their eggs so hopefully it should be fairly straight foreward. ( famous last words)

mick

Matt
    Keymaster

Good luck mate, I bet the fry are tiny…

andy rushworth
    Participant

I’ll have some of them too

Author
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.