LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Red Back Angelfish – With Fry

Home Forums Fresh and Brackish Water Fishes Red Back Angelfish – With Fry

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Matt 5 years, 12 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Colin
    Participant

This was a much longer term project than I initially anticipated but I have eventually managed to get fry from my Red Back angelfish.

For a long time the batches of eggs would simply fungus up on the second day and to the point where we were actually wondering if the fish were in fact two females spawning together. They probably spawned about 20 – 30 times together, laterally they just spawned away in a tank full of discus and did their own thing. In August I took the notion to swipe their eggs and rear them artificially and to my surprise they hatched and I reared about 50 which are now about the 5p to 10p size range.

They then spawned a further three or four times in their own tank and ate the eggs – but for some reason something clicked into place with the last spawning and they have reared them through to fry. The male is about 8″ tall now.

some pics…

keith565
    Participant

well done for persevering mate, most folk would have passed them on well by now. fingers crossed they keep looking after the fry.

Matt
    Keymaster

Very nice indeed – from where does this red-backed form originate?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.